News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Something based on the Boot Engine

Started by samusfan, June 25, 2017, 01:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samusfan

Quote from: Amorsis on September 11, 2017, 10:25:20 AM
This looks very exciting. Im looking forward to more. I hope to see a new game come from this engine.
Thanks  :^_^:

Quote from: Hackmi on September 10, 2017, 04:27:25 PM
Very, very well done. I'm impressed!
Do you plan on adding the fusion suit? For any reason?
Thanks and no I will use instead the Phazon Suit that Scooterboot9697 has already implemented.
It is planed that there will be some sort of radiation on another planet later on. If you don't find the suit you will have much trouble to get to the end  :twisted:

liamnajor

are you using the gross fusion suit sheet from the original game? because this one will be much better(when completed):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Scooterboot9697

I'm really starting to question why you guys decided to bombard him with Fusion suit suggestions...
(Okay, "bombard" isn't the word I'm looking for, but whatever.)

FPzero

I think you're making some good progress so far. The combination of ZM tiles with SM elements works well enough, and your room designs are decent. How are you planning to handle the interplanetary travel? Will it be like in Prime 3 where you hang around one planet for a while, then go to the next one? Or will we be going back and forth between planets? Is it possible to find the same item on more than one planet, allowing for the player to choose their own path? I'm basically just wondering how the player will know which planet they should be going to if all of them are open from the start of the game.

samusfan

Quote from: FPzero on September 11, 2017, 09:04:59 PM
I think you're making some good progress so far. The combination of ZM tiles with SM elements works well enough, and your room designs are decent. How are you planning to handle the interplanetary travel? Will it be like in Prime 3 where you hang around one planet for a while, then go to the next one? Or will we be going back and forth between planets? Is it possible to find the same item on more than one planet, allowing for the player to choose their own path? I'm basically just wondering how the player will know which planet they should be going to if all of them are open from the start of the game.

Nice to see someone likes my room design so far. About the planet travel thing: I would say it will be more like Prime 3.
And after you have aquired some basic items like Morphball, Bombs, Super Missiles or Power Bombs you will be able to open some doors and paths where more item containers or Energy Tanks are hidden to stock up your equipment. There will be some sort of storyline and cutscenes that tell you where to go to progress with the story. But you can do what you want and you can try to open some locked doors and paths on other planets with your current equipment.
There won't be the same items twice, except the Long Beam. If you miss it on the Arkus Station you will be able to find it later on but you have to kill another boss first to get it.
I want to make the pathfinding a bit prime based where your suit's sensors or your ship's sensors tell you on some fixed points where to head next. I think I will use the suit's sensors for short range detection just on the current planet and the ship can detect things in the entire solar system.

liamnajor

scooterboot, I (not sure about hackmi) was saying my edits would fit boot engine better, seeing as they are edits of those exact sprites(also, as mentioned, base fusion suit is ugly)

Hackmi

Uhh, I was wondering cuz reasons @Scooterboot9697
Liam and I are making a new full sheet (fusion duh, tbh that old one liam posted is shit).

liamnajor

@Hackmi when you get more than 8 running frames done and aren't burnt out, let me know.

samusfan

Added the title screen with the main menu.

[spoiler]Video 7: The Main Menu (Title Screen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkLJ_e2obY[/spoiler]

Right now I am making the prologue. You can see a bit of it in the video.

Hackmi

Looks okay. I don't like the weird image moving thing on the title screen. But anyways.
Did you draw the tank that Samus clone is in? If so, good job m9.

If not, where's it from :)

samusfan

The 'weird' thing is a Space Station that is moving in the vacuum of space where the first chapter takes place on, but ok...
I didn't draw the tank itself, I made the bubble effect and the sleeping clone inside the tank, used the ZM sprite and gave her a new hair color :yay:
Most tile stuff there is from the Super Zero Mission rom.

Hackmi

Ah, yes of course, personally I think the Title Screen could do with work...if you want I can send you my title screen thing...

samusfan

The title screen needs no work. It is good enough how it is...
Since I got too many complains from many sides (to change almost everything in this game from many ppl) I decided to stop this project.

Maybe I will finish this one day silently, if so I am pretty sure you will notice that on the internet somehow.
My English YT channel was a failure, maybe I will start off again with a channel in my native language...
Life is also getting more and more busy. I will start studying next year in a different place on a technical school.
This will take time from 2018 to 2020. There won't be any more updates here, sry.

But the most important thing for me to say now is: Thanks for all of your support! And have fun with hacking and coding!

liamnajor

wait...you're ending this? but I was looking forward to seeing this finished :sad:

liamnajor

if your english is really that big a problem(which I don't agree, your english is fine[save for a few minor grammatical errors]), I'd happily do the writing for you @samusfan

Hackmi

Quote from: samusfan on October 12, 2017, 01:49:45 PM
The title screen needs no work. It is good enough how it is...
Since I got too many complains from many sides (to change almost everything in this game from many ppl) I decided to stop this project.

Maybe I will finish this one day silently, if so I am pretty sure you will notice that on the internet somehow.
My English YT channel was a failure, maybe I will start off again with a channel in my native language...
Life is also getting more and more busy. I will start studying next year in a different place on a technical school.
This will take time from 2018 to 2020. There won't be any more updates here, sry.

But the most important thing for me to say now is: Thanks for all of your support! And have fun with hacking and coding!

Hey, I think you must've missed the point, or maybe I phrased it all wrong.
I love your project, I think it's one of the best GameMaker fangames in development right now. When I say I don't like parts of the game it doesn't mean that I hate the game, I'm not complaining about it :) Truth is I just want it to be even better. I hope you take this into consideration and don't cancel this game. Please continue work on the game if it's not too much of a hassle.

Good luck, I hope to (as always)
See you next mission.