News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - September 2017

Started by Jiffy, August 03, 2017, 05:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who won Room of the Month for September?

Jiffy
Hackmi
Benox
Retroo

Jiffy

[spoiler=Ruined September 2017][/spoiler]
I've wanted to throw this in for a while, to see how the brinstar blend would work. IIRC, Daltone tried it before in one of his old entries...?

Hackmi

Haha, no one liked my old room, maybe they'll like this one, I made GM:S show the BG this time so :)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
And in game....
[spoiler][/spoiler]

benox50

Updated Corroded tourian tileset and havin fun with it

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

The green blobs make me think that metroids got splattered against the walls. :grin:

Quote58

Okay, congrats to the mysterious Asbestos for taking August with some purple, mushroomy Crateria.
We've got some awesome looking rooms for September, so get voting!

[spoiler=Jiffy][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hackmi][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Benox][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo][/spoiler]

dewhi100

I have a different nitpick for every room, but Benox gets my vote.

OneOf99

Jiffy's room is a bit bland.
Hackmi's is... pretty good.
Benox has a pretty nice tileset, but there isn't much to the room except that.
Retroo has an interesting feel to his, and I like it the most.

Digital_Mantra

If Jiffy's room is bland, then I need to get myself checked cause I'm seeing things.

DSO

Jiffy gets my vote

Jiffy: Like a Hyper -Hyper Metroid room design. Slightly too much information visually but voted for you anyway because my reaction was 'I want to play this hack'.

Hackmi: I like the mix, but it's a little eclectic and doesn't conform to my super metroid biases.

Benox: If Jiffy had slightly too much information density, this... is... to go... EVEN... FURTHER... BEYOND!!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You've got some cool ideas here but the mix between BG and foreground makes this visually confusing to look at. It's an assault on the eyes.

Retroo: It's almost like you could've level designed for Fear... It's a nice room, but it doesn't quite stand up to Jiffy's effort this week.

Hackmi

Ah, I see what you mean DSO, personally I'm not too into being so close to SM, as most are here *duh SM haxing*.
Mine's more original in my opinion, but yeah, good job Jiffy.

Your rooms are super cool, I'm a big fan of Benox's too, but Retro would come after Jiffy IMO.

Retroo

Jiffy room looks the best and gets my vote, i must say that it looks abit painful to navigate in but i guess you could say the same for my room ;p.

benox50

Wanted to vote for Hackmi but there is too much different style here, so I voted Jiffy

OneOf99

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on September 03, 2017, 01:59:51 PM
If Jiffy's room is bland, then I need to get myself checked cause I'm seeing things.
I should elaborate on this point, perhaps I should not say bland but rather mono-color. I just don't like the blue of the room, and feel that it is too bright/saturated. And the spikes just don't fit for me.

Quote58

Jiffy: imo the background should be darker and I really hope it glows because that would be rad. The word that immediately comes to mind when I see that room is Nocturnal and I fucking love it. I wonder what kinds of enemies would be in a room like that...

the others are pretty cool too but I find hackmi's to be a mash of visually interesting tiles without enough care for how they work together or more accurately, don't.

Voted jiffy

dewhi100

Looks like you may well win, Jiffy. The room is great and I would have voted for it, but spikes scare me.