News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Scroll Plm editor?

Started by Jet3rd, August 25, 2017, 07:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet3rd

Hey guys. Question about smile.

So in shyguy's scroll tutorial when he went to the scroll editor the tile page thingy was gone and there was scroll stuff.

For me i still have the tile thingy when i go to scroll editor. I can edit the scrolls just fine, of course. But i need to edit the scroll plms as well.
And i have no idea how to do that.

So any help?

benox50

For smile 2.5 :

You must save the normal scrolls, then chose PLM scroll at the bottom while being in scroll editor.
Then you must change the scrolls as you want them to be when touching the scroll PLM trigger ingame, change them as you normally would in normal mode.
Then you must click save scroll PLM. After that, you must let smile find space for you and then write down the pointer it gives you and put that into the scroll PLM High/Low values.

The scroll PLM is actually a PLM, you can find it by right click a PLM like an item or a door cap

For smile RF I dont know, use the guide : http://www.metroidconstruction.com/SMMM/

Scyzer

If you use SMILE RF, right click on the Scroll PLM you want to edit the Scrolls for, then click Edit Scroll PLM Data. The Level Editor will switch to a zoomed out mode similar to the regular Scroll Editor. The outer Scroll colours represent the original Scrolls for the room, while the inner colours are what the PLM will change.
When you're done, just save the room (it will only save the scrolls for the PLM this time - nothing else), then change the tilesize to go back to editing the room.