News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

First semi decent hack

Started by alexman25, August 02, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexman25

Been working on this for a couple weeks in my spare time. This is the first version, but I intend to add more as the years go by, and MAGE gets more updates (which in turn gives me reason to update it). It's more of a half hack right now, with only a few things changed here and there. A few route changes too. Overall a bit harder.

Here is everything I can remember off the toppa my head:

[spoiler]Fast travel rooms. Not very many, but they are important for something specific. Made something funny with an E-Tank. Edited the boss fights, changed some map layouts and music. Made some enemies harder to kill for absolutely no reason at all! In the Mother Brain room in Tourian you get a surprise :wink:. Mother Brain moved to Chozo Guardian room, so no fully powered suit for you! You can choose your final boss. Mecha Ridley for a harder fight, and Mother Brain for a harder escape. I weakened the weapons too.[/spoiler] That's all I can remember at the moment, so here is version 1 of my hack: Zero Mission Redux! https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4RJTRn9e-h9bU9vejY0OG5FQUk If you don't want to play it until it's fully complete, you're gonna be waiting your whole life time I reckon'. If you don't want to play it at all? Well, that kinda hurts honestly. It's understandable though, as I'm an inexperienced hacker.

Also, mod security has been blocking me from doing pretty much anything on the site on my computer for some reason. Guess it just hates me. I have to post this from my mom's computer because of that '-'

Mayo-chan

I was hoping there'd be more edits to the world, but some of the stuff in there was interesting. I really liked the Ridley fight, until I saw that there's no real good way to dodge his attacks and you tripled his health :(
I laughed when I got up the Norfair-Crateria elevator.

makazuwr32

Well that was fun.
Though i miss zero suit stealth part.

andlabs

Is there no way to switch the power on in Kraid's Lair? I can't seem to use the ball cannon thing because the brown Rippers can't seem to be destroyed anymore...

makazuwr32

Quote from: andlabs on August 05, 2017, 04:36:28 AM
Is there no way to switch the power on in Kraid's Lair? I can't seem to use the ball cannon thing because the brown Rippers can't seem to be destroyed anymore...
you can destroy them via supers - 2 missles per ripper.

makazuwr32

Best score from myself:
10 energy tanks, 40 missle tanks, 13 (why?!) super missle tanks, 8 power bomb tanks, all upgrades exept varia suit - 84% on normal mode.
Love Kraid's battle room improvements. Beat everyone boss before "finals" that are avalible
Beat MB because i can't kill 2 black pirates before escape ship.
Still miss stealth zero suit part.
Upd: Ridley still weakas long as you stay in his blind zone and don't try to spam missles - Beat him without taking any damage.