News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - August 2017

Started by Retroo, June 19, 2017, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who won Room of the Month for August?

Cosmic
1 (6.3%)
Dewhi100
0 (0%)
Jewelediris
0 (0%)
Retroo
2 (12.5%)
OneOf99
5 (31.3%)
Hackmi
1 (6.3%)
Asbestos
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 31, 2017, 02:05:28 AM

Retroo

I'm not banned anymore.
Thanks Quietus for slopes.
Thanks Begrimed for palette.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

jewelediris

[spoiler][/spoiler]

dewhi100

Less is more, maybe. Just a simple twist on a simple room.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Retroo

Okay so i don't know how hard it is to be an admin or whatever but, ffs waiting almost to the 20th or more every month is getting quite anoying. I doubt "Miranda Gemini" is the only one who can update this so maybe we should give the job to another admin or mod? Room contest is probably my favorite part of this forum (other than the hacks ofcourse) it was sad to see ROTW go and you guys did a pretty good job with updating that, so how hard can i be going from updating once a week to once a month... Also writing "end on WHENEVER I UPDATE IT!" is not a fucking excuse.

Quote58

Okay, so to address rotm going forward.
I'll be back to handling it for the time being, but since it's almost the end of the month, I think it's best if we skip July and start the judging on August 1st instead. That gives a little over one more week to submit an entry, and the poll will be made as soon as August starts, at which point submissions for September will begin as well. Otherwise there would be much less time to submit for August, but if anyone has a compelling reason to cut it off now let me know.

OneOf99

Yay, my first rotm submission.

This is a ZM room, and it is modeled after another room from another Metroid game. Can you guess what it is?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Is it too big? Should I edit the screenshot size?

Hackmi

Finally I'm on time. I'll have my room up later today...gotta fix stuff.

Hackmi

Yay Ice-y room, was hard for me to pick which room I liked most...so I just got this one for this month:
[spoiler] [/spoiler]
...and in game:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Asbestos

I've been lurking for a while and slowly learning how to hack. Here's my first submission for room of the month!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote58

Hi all,
Congrats to Benox for winning June, and now it's time to vote on Room of the Month for August 2017.

Lots of choices this month, so get voting!

[spoiler=Cosmic][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dewhi100][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jewelediris][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo][/spoiler]
[spoiler=OneOf99][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hackmi][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Asbestos][/spoiler]

Poll ends on the 31st, and rotm will be updated again the next day.

Quietus

I've gone for Asbestos this month. Nothing really stood out for me this month, but Asbestos's is a decent all-rounder.

OneOf99

I think Asbestos has an interesting room, though it uses standard gfx. Dewhi's room is quite interesting, it looks like an underground Wreck Ship passage.