News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - June 2017

Started by Retroo, May 04, 2017, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

Retroo
benox50
Jifflady
Flower
FPZero

Retroo

liamnajor

[spoiler]
This room will lead to all the necessary puzzles and or a boss to get space jump. The blockage from going back through the upper entrance is intentional. The containment unit-like thing will possibly contain an energy tank or super missile expansion, needing a power bomb to open. [/spoiler]

benox50

A weird tileset  :yay:
Again, BG isnt aligned in smile, but is ingame

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Scout1297

welp, I guess i'll save my room for next month

Hackmi

<I removed it>
Until I get a better techy tileset stuff.

Jiffy

As RotM ends "whenever I update it", and it hasn't been updated yet, here's an entry!
...But this time it's not from me, because I would never build something so atrocious. Instead, it's by my girlfriend, Jifflady!

Hackmi

You're definitely gonna win now jiffy...
Haha looks better than my first attempt.

Flower

I guess I'll participate in this comp.
This is one of the latest cave rooms.
Let's see if NEStroid can stand a chance.

EDIT: Well, immediately after posting recognizing two tile errors, haha that's bad.  :lol:

I'll be back! with the corrected pic.

EDIT2: Corrected and uploaded! =)

FPzero

Oh man, I love how you're representing the ambient light given off by those bulbs by coloring the surrounding ground yellow. Such a simple, yet effective idea.

dewhi100

Quote from: benox50 on May 04, 2017, 04:13:32 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tileset looks pretty cool. Room looks like Morph Lock Paradise.

benox50

Quote from: dewhi100 on May 09, 2017, 06:24:11 PM
Quote from: benox50 on May 04, 2017, 04:13:32 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tileset looks pretty cool. Room looks like Morph Lock Paradise.

It is indeed, Morph Lock abusion  :grin:

FPzero

I wasn't really able to work on my hack much this month so all I have is this one room since last contest. I was hoping I might make something a little better before the end of the month but it's not looking like I'll have time.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Hey hey, it's late again! This time I have a real excuse (as long as my attempt to get a degree counts as a real excuse). But exams are out of the way, and Room of the Month makes its glorious return, two weeks late!
Here's this month's contenders:
[spoiler=Retroo][/spoiler]
[spoiler=benox50][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jifflady][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Flower][/spoiler]
[spoiler=FPZero][/spoiler]
FPZero won fairly convincingly last month, but can he go back-to-back? Have Jiffy's exceptional talents transferred over to Jifflady? Will our regular contestants of Retroo and benox50 be able to steal the win? Or does NEStroid goodness from Flower have what it takes to claim victory for the 8-bit enthusiasts? You decide, Metconst!

(also submit for next month, where I'll endeavour (no promises) to be less late.)

Jiffy

I think we know who I'm voting for. No bias. I promise.

Quietus

benox for me. I'd like to see some more tile variation, particularly with the blending of the tiles to stop the room looking quite so mosaic like. Otherwise, I like the tileset. :^_^:

benox50

Flower, because those kind of light effect should be used more and just seeing that in M1 is great.

Hackmi

<Removed by me>

Hmm, yeah I voted Benox, because it looks fluid af.

FelixWright

My vote goes to Benox. My opinion is more or less the same as what Quietus said.

liamnajor

may I ask what disqualified my room? I'm pretty sure it followed the rules...