News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid 2000 2000 (Test version available) [Mostly Complete]

Started by Ing-ing, March 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Ozma on October 15, 2017, 05:34:50 PM
Nice hack!! Although I gotta say... that speedboosting section in the depths of Sector 3 is downright mean!! xD Is there any way to avoid it? Is it only for item gathering or is it unskippable?
Which room? Some speedboost stuff is required but everything that requires multiple chain sparks are for items.

Ing-ing

Quote from: Ozma on October 15, 2017, 05:34:50 PM
Nice hack!! Although I gotta say... that speedboosting section in the depths of Sector 3 is downright mean!! xD Is there any way to avoid it? Is it only for item gathering or is it unskippable?

The right from save station is a bit easier with power boms, and optional, though you might want to reap the reward asap.

Ozma

I'm talking right after unlocking green hatches (Security Lv2) deep within Sector 3, I see no way to get back up and out of the sector. The only thing I found is that ridiculous speedboosting section... It is really challenging, well thought of, but very frustrating as of now xD There's really no place for error here! (although it must feel so rewarding to get it right in the end!)

So, if that speedboosting is for items, then it's not the way back out of Sector 3... then where do I go!? xD

UPD8: I found it never mind... I feel like an idiot now for not seeing it xD Thanks anyways! xD :colonrightv:

Ozma

Ieep me again... (sorry for double posts...)

I'm stuck again. The first time you go in sector 5, you need to go up top of a tall building, but can't proceed at some point because of a certain wall jump issue... Thing is, for some reason if I can jump to the lower edge of a jump, it won't allow me to wall-jump. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe I'm just not where I should be?

That is, middle building, towards the rightmost room, middle height. Some room where you're greeted by 3 blue X'es.

UPD8: found it. On a completely unrelated note, how do I delete one of my own posts?  :bounce:

Ozma

Me again, this time for something more worthwhile.

I found a softlock and a few bugs. I'm kinda stuck at that point where you would need to go back to sector 5 (presumably to deal with the Nightmare I guess) and since I couldn't advance anymore, I decided I needed more energy tanks (had 4 only, go figure how I made it that far that way).

So here's the thing: I go back to sector 1, I do my thing, and come back. That power outage in the elevator (due to roots overgrowing) played again, and I could even go back to the reactor and it was still tangled with roots, even though I defeated the spider-thingy (can't recall it's ugly-faced name). Going to the boss room and back fixed the problem. Seeing as roots no longer barred my way I tried going back to sector 2 from there. Sure enough, no roots, and I follow the path you would normally take when you're chased by the SA-X. Only when I get to the last room (where you're supposed to hide) and come back out, the roots were all back! Couldn't go anywhere else but to the boss room where you get the plasma beam (even though I had it already, too) and when I did... the boss isn't there, but there are no ways out. Its pesky flowers are all there spewing spores at me, but the boss itself is missing, I had to let myself die (or reset  :colonrightv:) in order to get out.

Now I know I'm not supposed to go back there, but for exploration purposes, one might be tempted to do so, and get softlocked in the process.

Thought you'd like to know  :eyeroll:

Arcadion Prime

Quote from: Ing-ing on March 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM
Metroid 2k2k is a challenging Fusion hack taking place in an underwater research station where things go wrong after the nearby volcano awakens.

The hack is beatable as of now, but there are some technical problems to be taken care of.

(Disclaimer: Ing-Ing takes no responsibility for any negative health effects caused by B.O.X. fight.)

This is a well made hack, I've played it a bit, and it looks great!

But I have found some bugs...
Sometimes enemies can't be defeated after you have attacked them enough, they turn invincible and they can still attack you and move. Also, sometimes these "X-Space Pirates" climb in the air (weird...).

Still, this is great! I've also noticed that the difficulty greatly increases in this hack.
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't recommend it for a begginner.

Ing-ing

Quote from: Arcadion Prime on January 04, 2018, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: Ing-ing on March 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM
Metroid 2k2k is a challenging Fusion hack taking place in an underwater research station where things go wrong after the nearby volcano awakens.

The hack is beatable as of now, but there are some technical problems to be taken care of.

(Disclaimer: Ing-Ing takes no responsibility for any negative health effects caused by B.O.X. fight.)

This is a well made hack, I've played it a bit, and it looks great!

But I have found some bugs...
Sometimes enemies can't be defeated after you have attacked them enough, they turn invincible and they can still attack you and move. Also, sometimes these "X-Space Pirates" climb in the air (weird...).

Still, this is great! I've also noticed that the difficulty greatly increases in this hack.
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't recommend it for a begginner.

You must be talking about skrees (the enemy that skydives down from the ceiling and digs into the ground), either their coding was never finished properly, or I used an X state that does that to enemies. Pirates are programmed to climb set amount, and jump a set amount as well, thus they don't need to check for clipdata and can climb in air if not positioned carefully.

Door Ladder

Hello,

I am an avid Fusion fan and I've never played a Fusion mod before, but I wanted to try 2k2k (I saw it on YouTube and was instantly hooked), however I am having difficulty getting my Emulator (VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3) to work with the IPS patch.

I followed the guide posted here, and tried renaming my .gba file for Fusion to the same name as the .ips patch, but it does not appear to be working.

I also tried checking this page here for help in getting the .ips patch to work, but all the basic guide links provided "do not exist yet" according to the webpage.

Here's my current process I have been using in an attempt to get 2k2k to run on VBA:
(1) - Open VisualBoyAdvance
(2) - File -> Open -> "Metroid20002000testver0.95.gba"
(3) - Language select screen pops up - I select "English".
(4) - Nothing happens; VBA is working fine but the screen on it is pitch-black. Game does not progress past the language select screen.

Here's a picture of what the .gba and .ips files look like in my folder:

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a further step I need to take in getting this to run? Or is there something I missed? How do I get the mod to work?

biospark

Ing-ing

Quote from: biospark on March 17, 2018, 08:58:59 PM
Quote from: Door Ladder on March 17, 2018, 08:44:58 PM
What am I doing wrong here?

You need to use the North American (U) version of the ROM.

What bio said, it's based on the NA version of the game, as that's the only one that MAGE supports.

Strokend

I get the feeling I've gotten stuck a lot earlier than other players did. I beat the first boss and got Morph Ball, and then I was told to go to Sector 1, but can't find a way to advance anywhere. I located a few secret rooms with missiles, but no elevators to any sectors.

Edit: Found the way. I could have sworn I tried every wall in that ventilation shaft but apparently I missed the block just off the floor.

Ridley12

This hack sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more about it!