News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid 2000 2000 (Test version available) [Mostly Complete]

Started by Ing-ing, March 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ing-ing

Metroid 2k2k is a challenging Fusion hack taking place in an underwater research station where things go wrong after the nearby volcano awakens.

The hack is beatable as of now, but there are some technical problems to be taken care of.

(Disclaimer: Ing-Ing takes no responsibility for any negative health effects caused by B.O.X. fight.)

benyabkn

You should fix the block properties of the second room, the room bugs out beacause of solid blocks at the entrance.

Ing-ing

Quote from: benyabkn on March 29, 2017, 01:47:22 PM
You should fix the block properties of the second room, the room bugs out beacause of solid blocks at the entrance.

Huh? There seems to be nothing wrong with it.

makazuwr32

i stuck in a room with Zazabi boss: after i kill it i can't absorb core-x

Ing-ing

Quote from: makazuwr32 on March 30, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
i stuck in a room with Zazabi boss: after i kill it i can't absorb core-x

Whoops, it seems that I forgot to rise up a sprite, gonna upload a fixed version, the save files should still work if their names match the rom name.

makazuwr32

now i finished your demo.
it was intresting and harder than normal fusion. Glad to see some love for fusion.
Keep working.

Ishtar

It is supposed to happen that the game soft locks itself when you leave sector 4 Nav-Room?

Other then that: good hack

Ing-ing

Quote from: Ishtar on April 23, 2017, 08:24:41 AM
It is supposed to happen that the game soft locks itself when you leave sector 4 Nav-Room?

Other then that: good hack
What kind of soft lock are you talking about?

Mayo-chan

It's a lot better than I thought it would be, the map designs are a little rough around the edges and the targets seem to be fixed based on where they were in the vanilla game but it's pretty fun nonetheless. It's not as cheap as I thought it was going to be with the monsters in the missile area doing over 80 damage per hit. The dialogue is really goofy, and the map seems to be convolutedly designed towards hitting the story triggers as quickly as possible to get them out of the way. It gives the game an atmosphere that feels like it's a parody of Fusion's adamant system of forcing you through its way through the game. I can't wait to see this finished.

Steel Sparkle

cool. a hack being made for fusion. good luck with it!

Cador93

Quote from: Ing-ing on March 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM
Metroid 2k2k is a challenging Fusion hack taking place in an underwater research station where things go wrong after the nearby volcano awakens.

A new demo adds Sector 4 and 3. Two new challenging submaps wait! If you were smart enough to savor your save file, you can jump straight back to action.

(Disclaimer: Ing-Ing takes no responsibility for any negative health effects caused by B.O.X. fight.)

hey is there a bug after killing serris? i already killed it 2 times and it gives me security level 1 unlocking always which i already have from before, after that i can't deactivate elictricity water so come again to serris room and boss appears again and again

Ing-ing

Quote from: Cador93 on May 31, 2017, 10:43:29 AM
hey is there a bug after killing serris? i already killed it 2 times and it gives me security level 1 unlocking always which i already have from before, after that i can't deactivate elictricity water so come again to serris room and boss appears again and again

That's probably caused by not talking to Adam before engaging Serris, Fusion event system is very rigid.
I should have a complete version that's untested up soon.

Cador93

Quote from: Ing-ing on May 31, 2017, 11:24:30 AM
Quote from: Cador93 on May 31, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

That's probably caused by not talking to Adam before engaging Serris, Fusion event system is very rigid.
I should have a complete version that's untested up soon.

so i can't continue anyway than restarting the game from zero?

Ing-ing

Quote from: Cador93 on May 31, 2017, 11:55:02 AM

You should try the new version which can be played to the end. If you don't skip Navigation rooms you should be fine.

Cador93

Quote from: Ing-ing on May 31, 2017, 12:07:00 PM

You should try the new version which can be played to the end. If you don't skip Navigation rooms you should be fine.

where is the new version? i'd glad to play it

Ing-ing

Quote from: Cador93 on May 31, 2017, 12:13:35 PM

I attached it to the first post.

Cador93

Quote from: Ing-ing on May 31, 2017, 12:15:18 PM
Quote from: Cador93 on May 31, 2017, 12:13:35 PM

I attached it to the first post.
okay thanks <3 how long until the finish version?

Ing-ing

Quote from: Cador93 on May 31, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
okay thanks <3 how long until the finish version?

When I get the small things done, that would be: The pause screen mission reminders, the targets on map screen and keeping players from skipping Adam navigation, so that events still work.
And the few bugs that might still hide, so all in all: I feel confident in June. Perhaps even before Mage 1.0 comes out.

Ing-ing

Quote from: elol on June 01, 2017, 01:16:51 AM
Error o bug?

You're inside a computer, there's no map data available. Outside areas of Sector 5 don't have rooms either.

Cador93

I found some bugs I attach them here.
I'm stuck after ridley falls down and every hatch is locked, idk if have to get back to the elevator but I can't because ridley is there again (check ridley again after falling down photo)
Btw in the 1 hit = kill photo I don't know if it's supposed to be there a path or this hatch is for nothing

makazuwr32

Good fusion hack, i love it.
one issue only: i can't see the final results and finish it.

Ing-ing

Quote from: Cador93 on June 01, 2017, 07:47:52 PM
I'm stuck after ridley falls down and every hatch is locked, idk if have to get back to the elevator but I can't because ridley is there again (check ridley again after falling down photo)
Btw in the 1 hit = kill photo I don't know if it's supposed to be there a path or this hatch is for nothing
This video should help you with Ridley: https://youtu.be/Y4uy5uLoxvQ
The hatch has no real purpose, beyond being a small shortcut if you want to access building 3 upper floors from Middle building upper floors during the endgame.
Also yeah, Greemer X are butts when it comes to collision, I wonder if I should replace them with the kraid/sector5 eye creatures.

Ing-ing

Quote from: makazuwr32 on June 02, 2017, 05:59:52 AM
Good fusion hack, i love it.
one issue only: i can't see the final results and finish it.
Where's the problem? Does a boss not give an ability, or does the "your time and item collection %" not show up, or are you just stuck in sector 2?

Cador93

Quote from: Ing-ing on June 02, 2017, 07:19:38 AM
Quote from: Cador93 on June 01, 2017, 07:47:52 PM
This video should help you with Ridley: https://youtu.be/Y4uy5uLoxvQ
The hatch has no real purpose, beyond being a small shortcut if you want to access building 3 upper floors from Middle building upper floors during the endgame.
Also yeah, Greemer X are butts when it comes to collision, I wonder if I should replace them with the kraid/sector5 eye creatures.

lmao I already went by that way because of saving the animals but didn't know I gotta get inside of the ship thanks anyway