News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid:Deep Freeze

Started by Cpt.Glitch, March 22, 2017, 12:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattmatician2002

So i got the hack to work but when a start a file it resets. using VBA 1.8.0

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Mattmatician2002 on November 29, 2017, 08:29:22 PM
So i got the hack to work but when a start a file it resets. using VBA 1.8.0

Are you using a clean, US Zero Mission ROM? Are there any other patches you may have applied to it?

Mattmatician2002

It seems the path that lets you deselect items as in SM isn't compatible with deep freeze, thanks for the help

FelixWright

Quote from: Mattmatician2002 on December 05, 2017, 06:29:13 PM
It seems the path that lets you deselect items as in SM isn't compatible with deep freeze, thanks for the help

Er, it should be compatible. You must either be using the IPS patch instead of the ASM patch, or you have not repointed the ASM correctly.

Zincoshine

There's a single softlock at the start of this mod. Basically, the way it works is that if you get the wave upgrade before you get the hi jump, you're stuck in that chasm the wave upgrade was located in. Should be a simple fix. Let me know when/if you fix it so that I change my review into a recommendation.

Conner

Checked in MAGE. You are correct, a normal jump wont get you back up. You can wall jump though so its not a softlock.

Zincoshine

oh you're right, a semi soft-lock then. You know what, this mod is too cool (literally too). I think I'll let this semi soft-lock stay especially since players who stumble upon this are likely to be able to wall jump well. I've adjusted my review :^_^: