News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: The X-Child

Started by Android-Music, May 17, 2009, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Android-Music

Hello, members! Glad to present you my new fan project "Metroid: The X-Child" ! This fan game is something like a "Metroid Fusion" sequel, through my visions! The game is not about Samus Aran herself but the future of B.S.L. station! We meet a new hero, creature, born of a horrible mix, patrially of the x parasites! But you will meet him later, in the 2-nd part of the game.
Currently I'm working on the 1st part, which is also a tech demo. This part will present us another hero, an Earth representative...
For latest news visit http://android-music.ucoz.com/MetroidX.htm
I will notify you in this thread!
Cheers a lot, members!

Untouchablekill

Pretty kick ass if you ask me ^^  :metroid:

Zhs2

Oh, my. I thought BSL Station (and SR:388 with it) got 'sploded! Where is the new character gonna come from if all the X are dead? :O_o:

Ah. Well, you have some radically awesome theory in mind that will blow us all away when the game actually comes, eh? :icon_razz: Keep up the good work!

GF_Kennon

This is what Metroid needs, a new feel and such, i really cant wait, and if you need any help, ill try and help you in any way I can.

Big Gay Cell

Interresting. What about the Metroid game where all the enemies have tits?  ;D

Black Falcon

This site really reminds me of these japanese ones, only that yours don't need to load till the day's over :lol:
But it sounds quite interesting. I'm looking forward to this. :icon_biggrin:

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Big Gay Cell on May 17, 2009, 02:53:45 PM
Interresting. What about the Metroid game where all the enemies have tits?  ;D

you mean the one i make while im drunk, maybe next time. im not drunk enough ATM...

devonodev

Woah this looks really good!
If this gets completed, I will definantly be playing it.

Big Gay Cell

Quote from: GF_Kennon on May 17, 2009, 02:58:53 PMyou mean the one i make while im drunk, maybe next time. im not drunk enough ATM...

Well, let's get crackin'!  *throws GF_Kennon a bottle of Jack*  ;)  But seriously, I love the music.  What program do you use to make your remixes?

Android-Music

Thanks, guys! I use a great variety of programs for making the music for this project. The engine mostly seems to be ok, doing some work on game design... Trying my best, hope I can finish it! Thanks for the support, guys!  :^_^:

Zhs2

Any... screeeeeeeenieeeeeees? :icon_eek:

Big Gay Cell

Yes, yes.  Screens would be lovely!  :D

Android-Music

Well, there are two screens and video in my blog... No other screens were made yet because this test has only one testing room. I'm working on the level design last days, some parts are ready, some will be reworked. I think I'll post some screenshots closer to this weekend, if not - then closer to June. I have some wallpapers, but will be better if I post them when the tech demo will be ready. I hope to finish the demo on June - August but not promising anything - there can be a lot of bugs I'll encounter probably :pwuh:! I will be posting the news in my blog once every two weeks or once a month. I have also put the link to your site on my blog page!  :^_^:

Post Merge: May 23, 2009, 07:45:28 AM

Guys, I've got an update! Some screens:

Check my site http://android-music.ucoz.com/MetroidX.htm for further information! :)
Cheers!

RealRed

I .like the screens, but the white spaceman looks kinda weird.
also lol at post merge. zhs2, that's not very helpful, especially when someone is trying to bump their topic with new content an he was the last one to post. wtf.

Android-Music

Thanks for the comment man but I 've just made a progress and that's all. I'm not trying to bump the topic, just posting news on the project as I promised and followed the topic rules. If you like I can cancel making posts here so I will not bump the topic just for being the last one. All you will need to learn the news then is to hop in my site's blog page.
What do you think about that, guys?

Android-Music

Ok guys, some June news on my project! All details are in my site's blog page! Comments are always welcome!  :^_^: James, how's going btw?

GF_Kennon

Heh, was looking through your blog and saw some of the images, i really liked them.

Dont let this project down, im liking everything i see, and from what i played, plays well too, keep it up.

Android-Music

Thanks, man! :D
Some minor updates as usual(twice a month):

Comments are welcome, guys!  :^_^:

Zhs2

Interesting... He needs a name soon, you know. The name of the character is pretty important in most cases. Would you like your fans screaming "SPACE MAN!!" 3 months after release? :3

Also, nice modeling. Hero dude looks a bit less "cheap model-ly" and more cartoony, but that's not a bad thing. As long as the style fits, I say!

Android-Music

Thanks! The hero has a name, it will be shown in the demo. Yep, the style is more cartoony since I'm trying to use less 3D'ish characters. The ship is 3D but it also fits the style of the game. Great pity I can't provide the full information yet...

Android-Music

Hey again! August has come and new post was created! Unfortunatley I have no screens to show because I don't have much time  :icon_cry: but this post is pretty interesting. L|:) Cheers people!  :^_^:

Android-Music

Hey guys, long time no see! Came to say I put the project down for a while. Instead of this I'd like to show you my first commercial game demo "Faendyr", a game about an sacred ancient ossetian instrument with magical powers of harmony and destruction! You are the one that must retrieve the instrument to restore the peace but who knows what may be waiting inside...
Currently demo is available at http://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Faendyr for voting so if you like the demo please do not hesitate to vote on the game and invite others,... this demo pretends on "Community Favorite" $5000 prize! Forward thanks and rock'n'roll!