News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Community Race - January 21, 2017

Started by MetroidMst, December 26, 2016, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE SOMETIME AGAIN! A RACE TO DETERMINE WHO IS BAD WHO ISN'T BAD. Thoughts and prayers to the loser of the last community race, who got drawn and quartered for being bad. (Protip to winning; don't be bad.)

Game: Another Metroid 2 Remake - Any%
When: January 21, 2017 @ 2PM EST
Where: MetConst Mumble
Who: Anyone not associated with taking it down

So it is about time we do the thing with this fangame. We will do the stuff to go fast and not be bad, and the winner gets street cred that will open at least one door randomly.

Also, yes, we have a MetConst Discord server, but it as of yet does not have the whole recording thing. So we're still meeting in the place of the Mumble to record the audio of the scrubs failing to succeed at life. Just remember, if you fail to show up for three consecutive community races, your account gets automatically deleted.

Cpt.Glitch

Vismund Cygnus

Hope there's someone ready to be promoted to moderator, because my account is going down!
In all seriousness I'd like to participate, but the usual excuses of work and timezone persist. We'll see.
(Plus I still never finished AM2R so this might need dangerous)

personitis

Count me out, life things. However I would like to make mention about out of bounds vs no out of bounds. Something to consider.

Scout1297

Just to clarify, this is on normal difficulty any%, right?

SacredHooves

I shall be passing on this one, as I have signed up for a couple of tournies I need to focus on by the 2nd week on January

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Miranda Gemini on December 26, 2016, 09:41:50 PM
Hope there's someone ready to be promoted to moderator, because my account is going down!
Don't worry vismund. I'll make sure room of the month gets updated on time :colonrightv:

On a more serious note, I still haven't gotten over the whole mess around am2r, and it's killed any motivation for me to pick it back up. But the race is still 4 weeks away, so we'll see what gives. Also, I'm guessing we're racing 1.1?

PonchGaming

Why would the take down kill your motivation? I mean, there is a sorta thriving speedrunning community for AM2R. Also, there has to be some rules, like no oob or oob, queen skip, blinkout, etc

MetroidMst

So there are apparently a lot of things I was unaware of.

Version 1.1 - No OoB
The rest of that mess I have no idea what you're talking about.

PonchGaming

Blink out is a method to skip things where you keep doing frame perfect pauses to skip things, such skipping bosses, or being able to skip the door and go out of bounds. It is also possible to skip the queen, and is iirc, considered in bounds, but a skip.

Lenophis

Quote from: MetroidMst on December 26, 2016, 12:05:09 PMJust remember, if you fail to show up for three consecutive community races, your account gets automatically deleted.
Well, this would be my second consecutive race I'll be missing. If the next is Redesign then RIP.  :nod:

Good luck to everyone racing! :D

Cpt.Glitch

Decided I'd rather not play partially blind and actually finished AM2R tonight. 2:07 was my approximate IGT. (couldn't screenshot because my screenshot software is dumb). Not sure where that is with the competition but I know the WR is like 50 something minutes RTA.

PonchGaming

I would join, but I won't be home over the weekend. Just know that you people would've had to dealt with the terribleness that is maybe sub 1:15 real time.

Technomagus

I am unable to join this one, as I have an event to run tomorrow from 11am to 8pm est.  Good luck to the runners.

Ridley

How frowned-upon would it be if I were to join without having ever completed the game before? I'm thinking I'll watch, and then try to finish it for myself in the next few months.

Lunaria

Not frowned upon at all, I mean the last race here I went into it blind. :P

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Ridley on January 20, 2017, 02:48:00 PM
How frowned-upon would it be if I were to join without having ever completed the game before?
None at all. Plenty of people have jumped into community races (semi) blind. And afaik, out of all our community races, at least one person jumps into it, blind (Probably except for any races which involve vanilla sm.) So it's nothing out of the ordinary, here.

Finally decided to get off my ass, and try to get a run down, and holy shit, is area 2 just bad to go fast in (or I probably just suck at fasting area 2 :/ )

jk16bit-palmy-

I'm all in for this. I have both versions and i'm revving up to do this!