News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Gene Splicer(An open source editor for ZM and MF)

Started by interdpth, January 30, 2010, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interdpth

Hello for the past  2 weeks I have been working on a new editor for Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion.

DH was too cluttered and the code was super messy. As I plan to be  done romhacking by 2011
I wanted to leave this momento I'll work on it a bit more, but i'd like help.
As such. The project is on google code, where you can download it

To get it you simply go here

If anyone wants to add code please e-mail me, IM me, or PM me.

Have fun :D

Oh, saving is under the Room menu.

personitis

Looks like this could easily evolve into a SMILE looking program. I'll test it in a little.

Edit: I've noticed that clicking doesn't always work on the tile you specify. Sometimes it's to the right, below, or diagonal the one you clicked to the right.

Quietus

Seconding the above.  Where I'm clicking is not where stuff's happening.

interdpth

Click to the top left of the tile you want to place and it'll  place there. A rect telling you what tile you're on will appear in a later version :)

personitis

Quote from: interdpth on January 30, 2010, 04:19:49 PM
Click to the top left of the tile you want to place and it'll  place there.
Yea, I figured that out. Just the fact that you have to click the top left is what bothers me. Also some rooms look rather bland... like it's all darkness or all lava. Either rooms are actually programmed like that or I'm just not using layer editing.

Malpercio

sounds like it's more troublesome to use than DH atm... but when it gets cleaner, i'll definitely try it

dwarf74

:) this looks like it could be awesome. Just keep workin on it, and i'll use it. I think once i can see all the sprites and stuff i'll begin usin this instead of DH :D I've messed with it some, and i freakin love the layout compared to DH (yay! now theres not 3 different tabs for the program! Also love the fact that the tileset box is a lot bigger)...when it gains a few more features, im gonna use this. I'll use DH for anything that i can't do (importing backgrounds)

oh..uh..will this program have the same save problem DH had? In DH, every time you hit save, it looked for a new space to save changes, and could only save 400-450 times. Then, every time you would save, DH would crash and you couldn't work on it anymore (fixed for now by expanding ROM)

anyways, has a lot of potential :D

Bond697

not sure how i missed this.  it looks pretty nice.  why do you plan to be done romhacking by 2011, though?

Phazar

I'll probably test this when I find time.  It's about time MF/MZM hacking technology advanced.

Quote from: Bond697 on March 27, 2010, 01:23:56 PM
why do you plan to be done romhacking by 2011, though?
It most likely has something to do with a little something called real life.

fuducker81

interdpt,when i try gene splicer, my antivirus software deletes this. any help.(i use norton.)

Eppy37

It looks good from what i can see. Now if only it would work for MF...

Malpercio

Quote from: Eppy37 on August 13, 2010, 02:30:53 PM
It looks good from what i can see. Now if only it would work for MF and PJ Boy would give us a patch to remove the event system
fixed

Zephoras

Nice work! once again Interdepth has saved the day! :grin: Also it wont let me edit room one... but the others work Thanks!

Lunaria

Quote« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »
Quote« Reply #12 on: Today at 01:48:52 AM »

Quietus

Well, it's two years, two months, and two weeks.  Maybe twoday just brings it in line. :^_^:

MetroidMst

It is obvious you can't find a program and thank the person who made unless it falls within a month of it being released. That is obvious a thing. Right. . .?

Quietus

Hey, Mst.  How come you can find the oozing sarcasm tags, but I can't. :O_o: