News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - January 2017

Started by Quote58, December 15, 2016, 02:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

Quote58
13 (46.4%)
Lunaria
0 (0%)
begrimed
1 (3.6%)
Mettyk25jigsaw
0 (0%)
Jefe962
0 (0%)
Hawntah
2 (7.1%)
Retroo
0 (0%)
ProjectXVII
12 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Quote58

Welp, Vismund still hasn't updated the last month, but here's a submission for December:

The theme is if the gold torizo room was left for a thousand years and reclaimed by nature

Lunaria

That's pretty darn dope Quote! Here, I made something for December too:
[spoiler=It's not what you expect]
Can you climb this tower without falling down to previous floors? 'w'

Torches animate, and that thing on the wall in the lower right is an invisible shooter in-game.[/spoiler]

FPzero

@begrimed What does that room look like ingame with its background? There's something about the room as it is right now that's making me not feel it too much right now and I'm curious if seeing the background would help me like it more. Like, it looks good structurally, but it also looks kinda...boring? I really don't know how to describe what I'm feeling. Maybe it's the relative lack of color variety? Almost everything in the room is purple or brown. Even the metal piping and door frames have a slight purple tint.

passarbye

Quote from: altoiddealer on December 15, 2016, 09:41:05 AM
@Quote58 That's amazing!  :whoa:
Very cool concept room, I like all the stuff
Quote from: FPzero on December 15, 2016, 12:23:09 PM
@begrimed What does that room look like ingame with its background?
Curious about this as well, what's up with the palette choice? I'm assuming there's FX being used..

I will submit something this month, just been busy these first couple weeks. (school finals)

RealRed

Wow quote58. I only wish you didn't sacrifice the scrolling layer 2. The room would be so incredibly dank if the background were to pan, implying depth behind layer 1.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Hawntah

[spoiler][spoiler=Version without messed up background][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

I like the colour combination you've used, Hawntah. :^_^:

Jiffy

Retroo

Quietus

Jefe: I think the profusion of the small bubble tiles is overkill. You could perhaps mix it up a little more.

Retroo: I like the evil caterpillars. :^_^:

TobiMikami

I legitimately thought those Mother Brains were fish at first, which on second thought, would be an interesting enemy to see in game. Creepy as hell, but intriguing at the same time, props for creativity.

Scyzer

[spoiler=a wild Project appears][/spoiler]

altoiddealer

Goddamn man!  That's crazy cool.

The way those growths coil around the pillars and the elevator shaft looks legit AF.

Vismund Cygnus

Welcome to Room of the Month, now updated almost on time! I was going to keep voting open on December's comp for a little while longer, but DMan won so convincingly I didn't see the point:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

As for this month, we start off the new year with seveneight! competitors!
[spoiler=Quote58][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lunaria][/spoiler]
[spoiler=begrimed][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mettyk25jigsaw][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jefe962][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hawntah][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo][/spoiler]
[spoiler=ProjectXVIII][/spoiler]

Do the votes, and as always, click here and submit for next month. Good luck, and happy new year! May your hacks be pushed back from their expected release dates once more!

Scyzer

I am disappoint @Miranda Gemini. You didn't put the room P18 made that I posted in :(

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Scyzer on January 02, 2017, 02:19:54 AM
I am disappoint @Miranda Gemini. You didn't put the room P18 made that I posted in :(
Oh snap, I knew I'd screw this up. All fixt, voting reset, pretend it never happened let's try again!

Retroo

squishy_ichigo

https://i.snag.gy/BPapSG.jpg

Other than the non flipped tiles in that image, I feel like some of the Tourian tiling could have looked better if they were using the darker palette, like you used for the tunnels and the tubes.

Voted for you anyways though, because it's still a great room.

I can't be assed to right a proper review for everyone this week. Quote was a nice second though.

Quietus

Project for me, for some interesting structure creation, particularly the green eye and the mega mushroom. :^_^:

RT-55J

Quote - work dat lush tileset
Lunaria - The diagonal mesh looks a bit disconnected from the rest of the floor.
grime - Looks good, but I can't make any sense of the structure or purpose of that center room.
metty - Just because you can flip tiles doesn't mean you should.
jefe - Pretty pretty for a vanilla+ room, though I'd hate to accidentally fall down from the top.
Hawntah - Not bad. Not bad at all.
Retroo - Pretty good, but Momma Brain's necks (?) could use another distinct tile or two for variety.
Project - If you had just included the portion with the mushroom "eye" thing, you still would have gotten my vote.