I can't enter a certain room in Redesign Axeil (Upper Left Brinstar)

Started by guedesbrawl, February 27, 2017, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guedesbrawl

I'm not too sure this is the right place, but here I go.

So, on the upper left Brinstar there is a room with a Power Bomb upgrade behind some power bomb blocks. I already got the upgrade sometime ago, but after using a map (a believe the creator is named Danisub), I discovered there's a room below that.

It has absolutely nothing and it seems to be there to allow you to get the power bombs early via a morph ball bomb maze, but the map completionist in me wants to get in there. But I can't.

The X-ray scope accuses a breakable block below the metal bridge, but I can't get in there thanks to two of those retractable gate-like pillars. From what I see of the map, though, going through there seems to be the wrong way.

I tried to enter the room for below, but it doesn't look possible. I can reach the platform in the L-shaped room with the high jump now, but it doesn't let me go through the empty roof of the room.

So... is this perhaps something of the old version of Redesign that got half-assedly cut, a path that becomes impassable if I do it via power bomb, or am I missing something?

(Also, is the creator of the hack still working on it? Because it would be nice if he could update the game to not block the Zebes Express areas in Norfair with the speed boost blocks. It forced me to do some huge backtracking between Grapple Beam and speed booster and there weren't even any expansions that i could collect there besides a couple right next to a ZE elevator. Especially egregious considering how easy and quick it is to grab the high jump boots after you get into Brinstar again)

Quietus

The short answer is 'no'.

I'm fairly certain that part of the bridge used to be bombable, which would allow you access to the right of those gates, but it isn't now.

Beardy

Quote from: guedesbrawl on February 27, 2017, 11:53:35 AMSo, on the upper left Brinstar there is a room with a Power Bomb upgrade behind some power bomb blocks. I already got the upgrade sometime ago, but after using a map (a believe the creator is named Danisub), I discovered there's a room below that.

I'm pretty sure that that area is part of the "early power bomb challenge". If you're not going for the challenge, don't worry about it. It's a very difficult challenge that you probably shouldn't worry about. There isn't even a very good place to learn about it. Basically, you have to get the first missile pack and then avoid a bunch of tripwires. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNTnjF-dKBI

Quote from: guedesbrawl on February 27, 2017, 11:53:35 AM(Also, is the creator of the hack still working on it? Because it would be nice if he could update the game to not block the Zebes Express areas in Norfair with the speed boost blocks. It forced me to do some huge backtracking between Grapple Beam and speed booster and there weren't even any expansions that i could collect there besides a couple right next to a ZE elevator. Especially egregious considering how easy and quick it is to grab the high jump boots after you get into Brinstar again)

Sounds nice, but convenience is rare in this hack.