News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Samus is being placed off screen

Started by Odb718, January 12, 2017, 12:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odb718

I'm getting an odd problem in a few roms. I think the cause is the mini-map.
What's happening is the game is forgetting where Samus is on screen and just puts her where ever.
I can make the bug happen in just about any room when the conditions are right.

There's a room in Mission 187 where there's 2 Dragons, a bombable block, and a multiviola bouncing around.
If I lay 3 bombs on the block while the 2 dragons spit their 3 fireballs, and shoot, there's extreme lag and flickering.
It doesn't happen every time, but I think when the bomb block is respawning it's just too much for the nintendo to handle and it just puts Samus somewhere.

Ive been able to reproduce the bug. It actually happened to MST two times in his play through in Samus:MBR. I dont want people to have to rely on a hex editor to avoid or fix this bug.

The last time the bug happened it put me maybe 4 tiles left of the room. I was able to walk back into frame, but still.
Anyone have any ideas for a work around? Would a better emulator help?

----
And then there's this...

My head almost exploded trying to figure out if what I saw was really happening.

Flower

What a pity, i can't figure out what is happening here, i am very interested in what is the problem's reason and of course the solution.

But....
Quote from: Odb718 on January 12, 2017, 12:58:38 PM
Would a better emulator help?
=> use fceux, i mean really, because from what i know, it is closest to a real NES machine and allows for hex editing, bebugging and other helpful and profound stuff. big recommendation!

Odb718

In the picture you have Maru Mari, behind an "air" tunnel with transparency, and an enemy.
Morph ball is under is under the enemy. Then the enemy is under the tube. Then the tube is under morph ball. It's an impossibility.

I figure I'm going to gut some maps so there's not so much action going on to cause the bugs. I doubt a fix will be achievable.