News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[M1] Metroid Deluxe Reduxe

Started by The Rooser, October 14, 2016, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rooser

Hello I'm the creator of an old NES Metroid hack: Metroid Deluxe.

I've emerged from my 14-year slumber so I can submit an updated version of it: Metroid Deluxe Reduxe

It just has some bug fixes and snarfblam's Metroid Plus ASM Hacks added.

EDIT: So it's up on RDHN now so I can post more:

RDHN page: Metroid Deluxe Reduxe
Download link: metroiddeluxereduxe.zip

If it looks unexciting, remember that the original hack was from 2002. For it's time it was considered very good but Editroid has really opened up what a NES Metroid hack can do. I'd like to think it was one of the best of its era, but I'm more likely to just make a new hack from scratch than make significant improvements to this one.

Still, play it and give me feedback! I'm most interested in making sure this version plays correctly, so if doors or tanks or something don't get saved or if you get hit by an enemy before you can enter a room or if you get perma-stuck or whatever, that's what I'm looking for. Feedback like "You repeat too many screens" needs to be sent back in time to 2002 so it can be laughed at.

Zero One

You should have permission on the main site now. "Permission" just means having at least one post on the forum.

The Rooser

Thank you. I realized that after making the post, so the submission is in the queue. No rush!

The Rooser

It's up on RDHN so the OP has been updated.