News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Where would you like to live?

Started by personitis, January 24, 2010, 06:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Simple enough of a question I'd think. Personally, I'd like to live more up North where it rains more often and it actually snows. Florida's been getting boring for the past ~12 years... even if I live next to all the major theme parks. <_<

FullOfFail

I'd probably like to live in like Australia or New Zealand. Somewhere isolated from the rest of the world.

devonodev

I'd like to live in New York.. it always looks great on TV.
And as we all know, TV never lies.

Quote from: FullOfFail on January 24, 2010, 07:39:47 PM
I'd probably like to live in like Australia or New Zealand. Somewhere isolated from the rest of the world.
Do it. nao!

GF_Kennon

Parabox

MetroidMst

Quote from: person701 on January 24, 2010, 06:47:57 PM
even if I live next to all the major theme parks. <_<
Lies! There are lots of major theme parks in Ohio too, including the epic Cedar Point, which is far closer to Canada than Florida. (OK, so I'm basing this off one park... but it is still the best one in the world.)

I would really like to live right where I'm at. I love it here. I'm two hours away from Cedar Point, half an hour from the Lego Store, 10 minutes from my music shop, and I love the weather. I happen to like cold, wet, and rainy a lot. Plus it still gets hot here for a couple of days a year. I know it is very scenic to most, but I hate oceans, loath mountains, and don't care for warm weather all year round. So, right here in Ohio is the perfect place for me!

personitis

Quote from: MetroidMst on January 25, 2010, 03:52:40 PM
I would really like to live right where I'm at. I love it here. I'm two hours away from Cedar Point, half an hour from the Lego Store, 10 minutes from my music shop, and I love the weather. I happen to like cold, wet, and rainy a lot. Plus it still gets hot here for a couple of days a year. I know it is very scenic to most, but I hate oceans, loath mountains, and don't care for warm weather all year round. So, right here in Ohio is the perfect place for me!
I think I know where I'm moving once I'm done w/ college down here. I use to not mind the heat but over the years it's become an annoyance. The weather you described sounds beautiful and the scenery sounds awesome as well.

Digital_Mantra

New Zealand. Have wanted to for years. Except not living in a flat or hostel there. No. As a nomad, journeying the mountain alpine ranges with a group, setting up tent every night. Hunting to live. Finding the meaning of life. Know what I mean?

FullOfFail

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on January 27, 2010, 02:18:31 AM
New Zealand. Have wanted to for years. Except not living in a flat or hostel there. No. As a nomad, journeying the mountain alpine ranges with a group, setting up tent every night. Hunting to live. Finding the meaning of life. Know what I mean?

haha, that seems a bit extreme. I would still want to hack and use the internet. I just want to go somewhere where I don't have to worry about going to war or terrorists trying to kill me and shit. I keep to myself, and I'd like to live in a country that does the same. I fell in love with New Zealand while watching the Discovery channel, what a wonderful place.

Quote from: devonodev on January 25, 2010, 12:05:44 AM
Quote from: FullOfFail on January 24, 2010, 07:39:47 PM
Do it. nao!

I soooo would if I knew I could have a job as soon as I'd get there. I'm not even joking. I'll probably end up moving there eventually.