News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Insurrection

Started by liamnajor, November 23, 2016, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liamnajor

Seeko

This looks really good so far!
I wonder what game it could turn out to be in the end.

liamnajor

not sure of details, but I know it is a sequel to metroid fusion and will implement a new upgrades system(no spoilers though ;) )

Seeko

Quote from: liamnajor on July 19, 2017, 06:43:38 PM
it is a sequel to metroid fusion
Hmm, I was planning to make a sequel to Fusion sometime in the future!
I wonder what yours will turn out to.

Steel Sparkle

this sounds fairly ambitious. Good luck with it!

liamnajor

liamnajor

dear god, it's been a while. I have a spritesheet now:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
and an engine update.

EDIT: need to point out that the sheet is incomplete, just correctly spaced. and I fixed the link

FPzero

That image is way too small to see anything. Can you post a non-thumbnail version of it?

liamnajor

So....some bullshit went down this weekend, with the final result being my parents are selling my laptop. so no large updates on Metroid Insurrection until I turn 18 on November 14th next year at least, most likely longer.

Hackmi

Wow. Okay...that's terrible, just...wow. Your parents probably think ur just playing games or something. Maybe try explaining why you need it...

liamnajor

I did, they don't give a shit. All they care about is that they get the sadistic pleasure of destroying and/or getting rid of my laptop.

liamnajor

https://github.com/ishaan-puniani/DevConsoleLoggerForMobile
my school blocked devtools on the chromebooks, so thank you Ishaan Puniani
for Metroid Insurrection lives again!

MetroidRuins

I went to your channel earlier I watched your speed run.

liamnajor

of super metroid? it was not great, mainly the framerate.

MetroidRuins

liamnajor

fixed slopes when you go up to ground tiles, you don't fly off like sonic anyomre. still need to fix going onto a slope from above it. don't know how I'm going to go about that...

liamnajor

engine release coming soon! just need to finish up the jumping animation and do a bit of sprite work.

EDIT: WHAT....THE.....FUCK!!! Some douche stole my SD and formatted it. I stole it back, but recent progress on my engine are gone. luckily I have github.....

Hackmi

Why does everyone steal your stuff? lol, your phone, your SD card.

liamnajor

because santa cruz is full of assholes

liamnajor

this has been a long time coming...life has gotten in the way of my project, and I have other higher priority things in the pipeline (ROSE, etc). let's be honest, all I've come up with are a few shit engines and concepts anyway. however, I am not done with metroid. I'm going to be taking the role of coder for metroid: wasteland. They need a coder anyway, and I'm bad at spriting and other aspects of design, so I feel my time is better spent doing what I'm good at and like doing. also, most of my concepts will be merged into Metroid Wasteland, meaning Metroid Insurrection isn't quite dead, just re-purposed.

TL;DR: I'm abandoning this project, and moving my efforts to Metroid Wasteland.