News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid 3d Modelling

Started by MBT808, November 08, 2016, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBT808

just decided to fool around and do some 3d models of the items from the metroid series. First is the standard missile(which I hope to maybe create or find someone to help me make a sprite for a zero mission mod):

Quietus

It looks pretty good. Was inspiration drawn from anywhere, or did you just wing it? I thought an obvious inspiration would have been Prime, but it doesn't look like those. :^_^:

MBT808

Quote from: Quietus on November 09, 2016, 04:59:04 AM
It looks pretty good. Was inspiration drawn from anywhere, or did you just wing it? I thought an obvious inspiration would have been Prime, but it doesn't look like those. :^_^:

Thanks. I honestly drew inspiration from the metroid franchise as a whole when designing the standard missile, though Most  of my inspiration was from AM2R/zero mission but most of the design is my own ideas.

Quietus

Ah, OK. Either way, I think Samus could potentially enjoy using yours more anyway. :wink:

MBT808

Quote from: Quietus on November 09, 2016, 01:06:23 PM
Ah, OK. Either way, I think Samus could potentially enjoy using yours more anyway. :wink:

well, if I can, I'm going to try and get it down to a size good enough for use as a sprite using Mage or see if I can find a spriter who could help me make a sprite based upon it. I've also got a super missile and powerbomb, but those I'm going to post later today.

MBT808

Here is the super Missile that I created along side the regular missile:

Quietus

I think you could do with slightly longer fins on that one. It's the one part that instantly screams 'missile', and a newcomer looking at your current one might not know. Enlarging the fins would make it much more obvious.

MBT808

Quote from: Quietus on November 09, 2016, 02:55:42 PM
I think you could do with slightly longer fins on that one. It's the one part that instantly screams 'missile', and a newcomer looking at your current one might not know. Enlarging the fins would make it much more obvious.

I kept the fins minimal on this to better match the Super Missile design(considering it has no fins what so ever in the original games(excluding prime))

Quietus

I'd assumed that was the reason. They should be nicknamed 'Stubs'. :grin:

MBT808

not 3d stuff, but a concept page for my ideas for changing the beam sprites in metroid Zero mission(The power concepts are shitty, I know, but I couldn't seem to get it to come out quite right).

Quietus

Your longest link in the world isn't working. :^_^:

MBT808

Smiley

I'm using Firefox and all I see is a black and white "No entry" traffic sign.

MBT808

I honestly have no clue then, cause it worked fine for me when I uploaded using Firefox a few hours ago.

Quietus

I'm also using Firefox. I think it's because you need some form of public link, as when I click on yours, it tries to take me into your Google stuff, and wants your login credentials.

MBT808

Quote from: Quietus on November 11, 2016, 05:32:36 AM
I'm also using Firefox. I think it's because you need some form of public link, as when I click on yours, it tries to take me into your Google stuff, and wants your login credentials.

I have no idea why, it shouldnt take you there, the link was for the image itself. I don't want to post on deviant art to post this here nor do I want to share it on the metconstruction discord(from what I can tell it servers no purpose).

Quietus

I think it's a Google restriction. You can go into your pics on Google Drive, and set their sharing options to 'public', which will then give you a link that people can click on, but you can't embed them with img tags.

Like so:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97Uk1Uc2S1SNDRIUG5DcDRKNGs/view?usp=sharing

Or just use one of the many image hosting sites. :^_^:

MBT808

Quote from: Quietus on November 11, 2016, 06:02:38 AM
I think it's a Google restriction. You can go into your pics on Google Drive, and set their sharing options to 'public', which will then give you a link that people can click on, but you can't embed them with img tags.

Like so:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97Uk1Uc2S1SNDRIUG5DcDRKNGs/view?usp=sharing

Or just use one of the many image hosting sites. :^_^:

check now

RealRed

Nice watermark! I think it belongs to deviantart though. It might be worthwhile to try coming up with original content!

MBT808

Quote from: RealRed on November 11, 2016, 02:49:41 PM
Nice watermark! I think it belongs to deviantart though. It might be worthwhile to try coming up with original content!

original content? all the stuff posted here is mine.

Quietus

Quote from: MBT808 on November 11, 2016, 02:15:16 PMcheck now
Yup. All working fine. :^_^:

I like the look of the wave beam.

MBT808

Quote from: Quietus on November 11, 2016, 05:39:37 PM
Quote from: MBT808 on November 11, 2016, 02:15:16 PMcheck now
Yup. All working fine. :^_^:

I like the look of the wave beam.

thanks, I based it on the wave beam design from fusion, I'm going to refine the design some more so I can hopefully use it in MZM(although might need a spriter, will try myself first).

RealRed

Quote from: MBT808 on November 11, 2016, 02:51:09 PM
I'm citing my dislike for the watermark that's more present than your 3D models.

MBT808

Quote from: RealRed on November 12, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
Quote from: MBT808 on November 11, 2016, 02:51:09 PM
I'm citing my dislike for the watermark that's more present than your 3D models.

well, not much I can do about the size of the mark, but I don't risk people stealing my stuff on that site

MBT808

first attempt creating a sprite for the ice beam based on the previous image(feedback or help with this would be appreciated):