News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Help Thread

Started by biospark, November 04, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWright

Quote from: Keaton on September 19, 2018, 05:22:18 PM
Cosmic right after I posted the question I figured out how to fix it lol  :lol:

Understandable. In the future I recommend waiting a bit longer before asking a question in case you figure it out on your own again.

JumZhu

For some reason I can't get Discord for a while, so I can only ask questions in the forum. Under the premise of unknow item activation, using Better Item Grabbing, then using chozoBall .asm will cause all unknow item to fail to activate.

OK,I solved this problem. :bounce:

Keaton

Hey quick question so when ever I try to test a room it opens an older version of mage what to I have to do to make it open VBA in the room?

JumZhu

Change the open mode of the gba file to VBA by default

Keaton

Quote from: JumZhu on October 08, 2018, 11:27:45 PM
Change the open mode of the gba file to VBA by default
Thanks this will make testing much easier.  :grin:

Spedimus

Question: Is there an easier way to add BG 0s of water? I've tried importing them from other rooms but I always end up with an opaque texture. I've tried looking through the documentation for MAGE but I can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Figured it out after far too many hours. Turns out I'm just an idiot

FelixWright

Quote from: Spedimus on November 21, 2018, 01:21:01 AM
Question: Is there an easier way to add BG 0s of water? I've tried importing them from other rooms but I always end up with an opaque texture. I've tried looking through the documentation for MAGE but I can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Figured it out after far too many hours. Turns out I'm just an idiot

It happens to the best of us. Good on you for figuring it out!

Spedimus

So, I attempted to move some areas around in the Brinstar map and somehow borked my ROM? When I test the starting room within the editor, everything works fine. However, anytime I try start a file through a standard emulator, I'm just met with a blue tinted screen. I tried moving the rooms back, but to no avail. I'm at a loss as to what to do here. Any help would be nice.

I've attached a patch if anyone wants to take a look.

JumZhu

Tower

Does someone has a clean ips patch to zero mission?
I mean one that deletes every content of all rooms and sprites sets,and other stuff?

BlueyLewis

Can I make it so Mecha is a midboss, instead of activating an escape sequence?
So when he dies it unlocks the doors, no escape event, and if you reenter room it does not restart the fight.
Realize this will require some hex editing, but is this doable?

Thank you.

Cpt.Glitch

Should be on the hex tweaks page on the wiki.
I will save you the time this time.

0x4CDE6 = B4 to 18
0x4CF36 = 11 20 to 03 E0
0x4CF52 = 0C 48 to 04 E0
0x4E05A = FE F7 to 01 E0
Killing Mecha no longer sets a timer or beeps and unlocks doors quicker.

Tower

I plan to make doors in a middle of a room.But they dont open. Help?

BlueyLewis

Thank you very much Cpt. Glitch. That all worked, but the game still seems to set the escape sequence flag. All the save rooms in the game except for samus's ship become deactivated. Think there's a way to prevent that?

Actually I think I got it? 0x4CF28 changed 4A to another event I won't be using. In my case 48. Seems to be working and nothing else got messed up.

Keaton

I have a small (but possibly difficult to explain) question. Is there a way to change Door 0 and put it in a different area? If anyone has any answers it would be greatly appercieated. Thank you in advance!  :grin:

Cpt.Glitch

Every area has a door 0. You can change the room of a door by changing the "owner room" value in the door editor.

Keaton

One additional question, I wanted to change the hex value for allowing samus to grip onto ledges without the power grip item with the specified value on the wiki,
but it had no effect. If anyone has the answer to combat this it is greatly appreciated. :metroid:

FelixWright

Hey Keaton,

You're talking about this hex tweak, right? Are you using any ASM or other hex tweaks?

Keaton

Quote from: Cosmic on March 30, 2020, 03:42:22 AM
Hey Keaton,

You're talking about this hex tweak, right? Are you using any ASM or other hex tweaks?
I'm talking about that hex tweak. I use HxD for changing these. If using ASM is easier or more useful then I'll start using it.

alexman25

Quote from: Keaton on March 30, 2020, 07:00:45 AM
Quote from: Cosmic on March 30, 2020, 03:42:22 AM
Hey Keaton,

I'm talking about that hex tweak. I use HxD for changing these. If using ASM is easier or more useful then I'll start using it.
Have you tried changing the value directly to the left or right of what's given? Sometimes when people report new tweaks they get the value a digit off.

Keaton

Okay I finally got it working I don't know what was causing it, but whatever it was its fixed. I must've entered a value wrong so I'll try to pay more attention when doing this. :metroid:

VIVIT

I want to know how space is treated in the game: do coordinates correspond directly to pixels, or are there subpixels; if so,how many, etc. Is there documentation on this somewhere?

Cpt.Glitch

X and Y coordinates that Samus, Projectiles, Enemies, etc. use are measured in fourths of pixels. In other words, every 4 units is a pixel. X positions start at 0 from the left side of the screen, and Y position starts at 0 from the top of the screen.

VIVIT

Four units to a side of a pixel, I assume; so sixteen square units to a full pixel?