News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Help Thread

Started by biospark, November 04, 2016, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton

I have a problem that I have tried to solve myself, but am unable so I will turn to the forums for some help. I am editing fusion, and for some reason after the beginning of the game event (event 00) I go to the navigation room and it just ask if I want to conform the objective. If you have any answers I thank you in advance for them.  :metroid: :metroid:

Keaton

I have a problem that I've tried to fix. I don't know what the cause of it is, but my elevator does not go to the elevator block. I've tried changing the X exit distance, and the Y exit distance.
Thanks in advance if anyone has the solution. :metroid:

Keaton

I have a problem with a data room in sector 2. For some reason whenever I go into the data room while testing (I've got it samus, and the events set to after you unlock level 1 hatches) the download station isn't active. The sector 2 data room was the wrong way so I made a copy from another sector that was the way I wanted it. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please tell me! I'm always appreciative of it.

SoftSpirit

Hi there, I'm having an issue importing a tileset. The tileset is from Chozodia in Metroid Zero Mission. Whenever I import the tileset it alters the palette to something completely different messing the entire tileset up. When I try to do it the other way and import it VIA .png MAGE says there are too many unique tiles. Is there anyway to combat either the palette change issue? Any help would be appreciated. The errors are in the attachments. The attatchments are .pdf due to the site not accepting .png for some reason

mattiscool

I'm trying to change the game overscreen. where would it be located?

Green Volcano

How do I change which area has what security unlock?

Say if I wanted to move the level 1 security unlock from Sector 2 to Sector 1; how could I do this while having the security room still functioning?

caauyjdp

assuming you know how to hex edit, try
file offset: original value -> new value
20f56: 02 -> 01
5760c9: 02 -> 01

Green Volcano

Thank you so much! I hate to ask but do you know the values for the other security unlock levels?

caauyjdp

For 2nd value, the actual activation/unlocking part, see:
http://labk.org/maps/app/?game=mf&region=u&map=data&filter=Security+unlock+events
click on the [ + ] there to see the structure of that table.

For the 1st, that's actual code around that adress, and it might require restructuring depending on what you want to do. But it only affects color of the console monitror, so you could leave that be until you've decided what's final security room configuration will be, and ask then?

Green Volcano

Thank you very much! All I'm going to do is move the security unlocks to different areas; I don't plan on having more than one in each area.

MegaManZX1.2

I personally like the idea of the Metroid Advanced Game Editor. I would Recommend Updating MAGE to reveal other rooms that were added to the hacks. Please And Thank you biospark.

ModdedMage

Does anyone know what the GFX offset of the omega suit? I want to change the GFX to match gravity suit because its ULGY!(In my opinion)

FelixWright

Samus uses the same graphics for every suit, instead palettes are used to change the way it looks.

You can edit these in MAGE palette editor.

OffsetDescription
28DDDC   Omega Suit
28E89C to 28E91COmega Suit Spawn
28F87C to 28F8DCOmega Save Palette
28E75C to 28E7DCSpawn Palette 2 (Likely Used for Omega Suit)