News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

PKstarship's random sketches and stuff

Started by PKstarship, November 04, 2016, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKstarship

Howdy everybody, I haven't posted in quite a while, but recently I've been trying to mess around drawing more. I figured I should share my stuff to other people since there's no reason to draw otherwise.

Alright, picture link dump in 3...

Mega Man Samus spritesheet
Amethyst from Steven Universe
Proto Man
The Nether from Minecraft
Zekrom messing with a tablet
Jasper from Steven Universe
More Amethyst
Zekrom riding Dialga
Samus Aran
Gallantmon from Digimon
More Gallantmon
Ulala from Space Channel 5
Even more Gallantmon
Crappy attempt at drawing Mugi from K-on!
Still more Gallantmon
mediocre picture of Princess Peach
Classic Sonic with classic Chaos Emeralds
Optimus Prime
Yet another Gallantmon
E-123 Omega and Cubot

All of these are in order of when I've done them from earliest to latest, and all of them (excluding the Samus sprite sheet) have been done in the past few months. The last 5 pictures have been done in the past week or so.

Feedback on any of this stuff is welcome. Prepare to probably see more posts with my stuff sometime soon  :^_^:

Quietus

I was going to offer some critiques, but most of them errored for me. I could only view Protoman to Zekrom with his tablet. I'll try again later. :^_^:

Edit: I got "the image cannot be displayed because it contains an error."

PKstarship

It should work now, after the first Zekrom one I started using Imgur for convenience (and the first two were on imgur as well), and I guess I can't have a URL lead directly to the image's link. I edited it so that the links now go to the image's page instead and now it works, at least for me.

Sorry :heheh:

Quietus

I like the most recent one best. I think it's in part because you seem to have a better grasp of shading for detail. :^_^:

RealRed

Cool man, you're pretty good. keep it up for a long time and you'll get better.

PKstarship

Thanks for the nice words guys. I've also drawn a few pictures in the past day or so and figured I'd show them here.

Buttercup, the toughest fighter. I feel like I really nailed the Powerpuff Girls style here.

Samus shaking hands with Mega Man X. I was originally gonna draw them fighting, but I thought this would be just as fine.

A new challenger (or three) appears! Done because I thought it would be fun to draw.

PKstarship

I figure it's okay to double-post in my own thread, so here we go.

Proto Man shielding himself. I've been obsessed with pretty much everything Mega Man the last couple of weeks, so I decided to draw this. Turned out alright I suppose, it could be better.

Steven Universe and Gallantmon comparing shields. Kinda done by me messing around, it turned out really well. I love how kinda cute it ended up being.

Haven't drawn much in the past week, I kinda lost my creativity or something and had to wait for it to recharge I guess. Luckily I'm back to normal now so I can draw more  :^_^:

Quietus

That Gallantmon looks particularly good. Well done. :^_^:

PKstarship

Thanks Quietus, it means a lot to me :^_^:

Anyways, I drew some more stuff.

All 10 Robot Masters from Mega Man Unlimited. While they aren't canon, they're really good design wise, and I thought it'd be fun to draw them all.

Lumpy Space Princess showing off. LSP's the best Adventure Time character and the most desirable princess in all of Ooo, and she's really fun to draw.

Knight Man and his flail. I tried using bolder lines to draw more focus to the flail here, and I think it turned out pretty good.

Also, I got myself a DeviantArt page, so I could have another place to put my art. Not really anything big but I thought I'd put it here.

Quietus

You've definitely improved, even since the pictures you posted at the beginning of the thread. I think that it helps that you appear to be drawing things of particular interest to you, since familiarity likely aids the detailing. You'll need to test yourself, and draw something outside of your norm. Maybe a spacecraft or something?

PKstarship

I'm not sure if I'm ready for fancy stuff like spacecrafts or all yet, but I kinda tried drawing something I'm not used to doing today, shown just below.

Little Mac. This is somewhat odd to me, I mainly drew this because a streamer I watch really likes Punch-Out, even I'm not too familiar with the game or the main character. It took a bit of work to draw the muscles properly, as I'm not really used to drawing muscles and normal characters at all (My stuff is pretty much mostly robots, armored characters, and other oddly proportioned characters). I'm somewhat proud of it though.

Also some other stuff I drew in my spare time out of boredom in the past week

Embarrased Gallantmon. I was kinda half paying attention when I drew this, but I think it turned out alright anyways.

Meta Knight and Rick the Hamster. Because cute knights are best knights

Honestly I just kinda mess around with drawing, mainly for fun and to pass the time. I don't get how I've even improved as much as I have.

Quietus

Hey, Little Mac. I love Super Punch-Out!! :grin:

PKstarship

Time for more art dump

Neo Metal Sonic. My favorite Metal Sonic design, it was fun to draw.

Sonic and Neo Metal Sonic. Drawn because I wanted to draw more Neo Metal Sonic and I wanted to make them express themselves using only their eyes.

Subrosians (from LoZ: Oracle of Seasons). Done for a friend of mine as a request, it's certainly nice to draw something simple once in a while.

Peridot with limb enhancers. This one is actually just a rough sketch, I didn't spend much time on it at all compared to all my other works.

Team Chaotix, and a colored version as well. Just felt like drawing this, I don't know why. Vector was somewhat tricky to draw, but it was pretty fun still.

Bowser in a suit. I still have no idea why I decided to draw this, but it was a blast to draw. I think it turned out pretty decent.

Captain Toad taking a nap. The most experimental picture I've drawn here, I wanted to do a good job with the lighing and shading. I'm not quite sure if it's actually that good or not, but I think it looks alright.

Art is really hard but fun too so I'm fine doing it so much.

Quietus

I love the last picture. It's very cute. :^_^:

Most of the shadowing looks OK, but there are certainly some areas that don't look quite right. The shadows appear to encroach too much into the areas that would be lit if the fire were there. Also, I wasn't sure about the thing behind the star. It looked a bit like a large mug or something (some form of hollow cylinder), in which case the shadows would be the opposite of what you have there - mostly shaded from the left, with a rim of light on the right-hand edge below the lip.

PKstarship

So, I have a lot of art to show this time around. Not only have I drawn a fair amount otherwise, I had an art request thread for an event over on SMW Central and did a ton of artwork then.

Lakitus commentating at a Mario Party
Cat-eared girl
Poorly drawn Aquaman.EXE
Guy in a box
Pennington
A puppy
Noivern crying over a grave
Palpatine shocking Jar-Jar
Isabelle
Biggie Cheese
Shaymin and an evil mushroom
Onr of the users' OCs
Rattrap
Sonic and Robotnik's kick battle
Peeper Fish
Lady Bow
Tsuyu Asui and Froakie
Sheriff animal guy
Kaizo Trap protaganist
Zizz from Pop'n Music
Satan Rosalina
Banjo and Kazooie

And here's some more stuff that wasn't a request.

Proto Man with a present
Some more Samus
Miss Sara Bellum (from the Powerpuff Girls)
Pearl (from Steven Universe)
Peridot (from Steven Universe)
Connie (from Steven Universe)
Gallantmon close-up (not too proud of this one)
Gallantmon Crimson Mode (very proud of this one)
Impatient Pac-Man
Sonic leaning on a Time Post

So much art in the past month or so

EDIT: Quietus, that thing behind the star in the Captain Toad picture is his backpack, I thought it'd make sense for him to sleep without that on. I maybe could have drawn it slightly better though.

Quietus

My favourite is the Banjo Kazooie One. Lurve that game. :^_^:

PKstarship

Meta Knight
Attempt at drawing Chun-Li
Samus without armor. Been trying to draw more women lately so I don't have problems with that sort of thing.
Overflow (from the new Ben 10)
Heatblast (from the original Ben 10). This is my first picture I've drawn using a nice pen for the line work and a sharpie for the inking.

Really proud of the last two ones tbh

PKstarship

Reboot Heatblast
Big Chill
Heatblast and Ruby
Proto Man
Super Deformed-ish Heatblast
Super Deformed-ish Gallantmon
More Four Arms
WIP Diamondhead sprite (first attempt at 16 bit pixel art)
Big Chill and Heatblast (also a pencil sketch of it before it was finished)
Samus and Baby Metroid (A thing made for my mom for Mother's Day)

I got pencils recently so all my lineart doesn't have all that ugly sketch line whatever underneath it

Quietus

Your last two links don't seem to be working.

PKstarship

Quietus

The coloured Shovel Knight is my favourite by far. I really must play that game. :^_^: