News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Archaic

Started by CrAzY, August 15, 2016, 03:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAzY

Happy Halloween! This video will spoil some of the new map layout, watch only if you dare!

(SPOILERS!)
[spoiler]
https://youtu.be/0iGJL5o4zMc
[/spoiler]

Tomtroid

An intense escape, although I think you should give at least 4 or 5 minutes to escape the exploding Planet Zebes.

CrAzY

Thanks for your input, although I will be keeping the escape timer as-is for now. This is just one of the escape routes, not only is it the hardest/longest one, it is made even worse/cooler if the player skips fighting Spore Spawn by utilizing the early Super Missile exploit. If you fight Spore Spawn like you normally should, he will remain dead, adding more escape time if you should choose to take this route.

The new normal way to escape is much easier.

And saving the animals is always optional!  :evilno:

I personally love how this route with the mini-boss battle and saving animals works out perfect with the default timer if you are skilled.

Tomtroid

Ah, so players will be punished should they try to skip Spore Spawn. Nice. BTW I don't think the Spazer+Plasma patch is done (it's only at version 0.997), so I doubt people will beat Mother Brain when/if this hack gets done.

CrAzY

There is no Spazer + Plasma combo in this. . . . There is the Long Beam, which is 100% functional, from what I can tell.

Tomtroid

That's good to hear. :) Anyway, keep up the good work on your hack. We're looking forward to it. :)

Steel Sparkle

I like that video :)
Can't wait till this is done.

Quietus

The timer seems about right if what you said is true about this being the longest route, with or without the animals. I would however suggest that you provide some graphical hints as to the secret passages (the first green tiled room after Tourian, and the room that is normally right before Spore Spawn), so that players at least have a chance of thinking there may be something there. As they look at the moment, they just look like normal, flat ceilings.