News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

I don't have drawing skills

Started by DSO, November 26, 2015, 01:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSO

But unfortunately for you, I do have a whiteboard. So I'm foisting this monstrosity on you all.
I'm thinking of spending some time practice drawing, and this is mostly here just as a reminder of how far I (may yet) come.

BEHOLD THE VISAGE OF OUR GLORIOUS SECRETLY BEHIND THE SCENES OVERLORD
[spoiler=I call it DopeFace][/spoiler]

DSO

I tried a little bit this time. But I still don't really have a clue what I'm doing, especially when it comes to shading and stuff. But I have colored pencils now, might as well try to learn how to use them (next time I'm not going to make the mistake of shading with a regular pencil, just find a darker shade of colored pencil)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

That's not too bad, DSO. It always strikes me as bizarre that one of the hardest things to draw well is people, since we're surrounded by them all day every day. :O_o:

DSO

I think it's because they're too familiar so we think we know how things look and we try drawing from memory instead of looking at a picture and breaking it down into its actual shapes.

Retroo

get on my fucking level
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Damski

DSO That's freaking great start from amateur. Just keep drawing and you will keep getting better and better past these years. I learned alot about colors and shading by digital art. Learning from  criticism and Understanding how things works will make you very good artist.

DSO

thedopefish

I approve (except for the third front tooth).

SpoOkyMagician

@DSO: Looks like how I draw manga/anime/people. :<_<: :cry:

Quote from: DSO on August 21, 2016, 03:36:12 AM
I think it's because they're too familiar so we think we know how things look and we try drawing from memory instead of looking at a picture and breaking it down into its actual shapes.

Probably. :neutral:

Quote from: Retroo on August 21, 2016, 05:27:16 AM
get on my fucking level

:whoa: So amazing. Such skill. :O_o:

Anyway, great drawings though. :yay:

~ SpoOkyMagician

DSO

So I hear it's a good idea to do studies of art you like.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Maybe I should actually get real drawing paper and stop doing this on printer sheets.