News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Acidfall (Formally Metroid: Norfair)

Started by Scout1297, October 15, 2016, 08:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Quote from: Scout1297 on December 26, 2016, 12:47:05 PM
Bubbles based off http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?topic=920.0 (with permission from snarf)

Nice!  :^_^: good to see progress here!
I would like to see how it works out with more varying palettes used for the Bubbles.
And what's about the cut off chozo on the right, is that intended?

Scout1297

Updating more pre-existing rooms:

BEFORE:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

AFTER:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flower

Quote from: Scout1297 on December 27, 2016, 10:58:10 AM
Updating more pre-existing rooms:

AFTER:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Yesss!

snarfblam

The new ones definitely look a lot more interesting and organic.

Scout1297

The map of the game so far

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flower

Quote from: Scout1297 on December 28, 2016, 09:23:38 AM
The map of the game so far

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Looks nice, you have progressed quite a bit so far.
Will there be a playable demo soon?

Scout1297

Sorry for being relatively inactive, I have had a lot of other things to do than hacking.
Soon a new demo will be released.
Until then, a new pic:

passarbye

reminds me of 8-bit AM2R. Looks really good!

Scout1297

Before I release a new demo I want to connect area 1(left mostly red area) to area 3(those 3 screens on the right):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flower

That's really nice, keep it up!!
Your areas look very varying in main colours used, i admire that! It's nice to have another well done Metroid Hack at work!

Scout1297

Later today:

Metroid Norfair Demo 0.3: The Bubble Update

Scout1297

Demo 0.3 out now :cool:

Scout1297

hi
Progress is finally progressing again

The title has changed to Metroid: Acidfall

here is a title for your viewing pleasure

Quietus

I think you could potentially lose the green stripe at the bottom of 'Metroid', and you would detract nothing from the image, but might make it a little clearer.

Grimlock

Flower

Hey, one active Metroid Hacker :) hooray!
I have paused for various reasons.
Firsr of all the inability to include all the features i hoped to include which really made and makes me frustrated, then Hospital, shifting interests, Diablo 1+2, stronger emphasis on rehearsals with my bands and so on.
Back to topic, like your headline! Could you try to use a palette like: black, yellow, light green, dark green? Apart from that it looks really nice.

Grimlock

Off topic a bit:

Quote from: Flower on June 25, 2018, 03:56:10 AM
Hey, one active Metroid Hacker :) hooray!
I have paused for various reasons.
Firsr of all the inability to include all the features i hoped to include which really made and makes me frustrated, then Hospital, shifting interests, Diablo 1+2, stronger emphasis on rehearsals with my bands and so on.
Back to topic, like your headline! Could you try to use a palette like: black, yellow, light green, dark green? Apart from that it looks really nice.

There's several active hackers of Metroid on Discord.  They should start threads IMO.  I just started a new one recently, I'm just now getting things organized.

Flower

Hey Scout,

how is it going? Still working on your project?
I'd like to offer custom music to hack into your ROM.
I fiddled with MetroidTuner a lot and have now quite a repertoire of selfmade tracks. It would bring a lot more personality into the Game. Just if you like!  :cool:

Quote from: Grimlock on June 26, 2018, 01:16:47 PM
Off topic a bit:

There's several active hackers of Metroid on Discord.  They should start threads IMO.  I just started a new one recently, I'm just now getting things organized.
Hey Grimlock, there's now a Space Complex channel - i basically discovered the application several weeks ago.