News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Space Complex

Started by Flower, October 15, 2016, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Do you wanna hear the new songs immediately or do you wanna wait for that till the final release?
Upload now! Wanna hear!
- 3 (50%)
Naw, i don't wanna get spoiled and better wait for the release.
- 3 (50%)

Oh no, that's neither yes nor no. I guess i am gonna do a compromise, in the next days/ few weeks i am gonna show you some new level design which is accompanied by a new track, which i want to edit some more due to some advices i got from @AuroraxPhilic.

I needed a little break and spent time in other things. But i redesigned my space Tileset and now i am satisfied and tiles for Brinstar are totally used up. Next step is building level layouts and start a mockup of the next area, which is set up in a cavelike terrain with fluids all over the place, a dark amd creepy area filled with secrets. I already showed few example pics above.

Stay tuned! =)

Scout1297

Hey I didn't get a chance to vote  :sad:

Flower

Flower

That is i guess a screen that may more or less stay in the final game.
Quite happy about it. =)
Good night (well at least where i live)!

Quote58

Quote from: Flower on November 13, 2016, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: Scout1297 on November 13, 2016, 12:18:13 PM
Do it now ;]

The pole was closed this morning. I too didn't get a chance to vote

Flower

Quote from: Quote58 on November 13, 2016, 04:15:27 PM
Quote from: Flower on November 13, 2016, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: Scout1297 on November 13, 2016, 12:18:13 PM
Do it now ;]

The pole was closed this morning. I too didn't get a chance to vote

Yeah i wanted to let it end sometime, and then later i couldn't change it back. Nevertheless, since the last poll didn't have a clear result, i opened up a new one. This time WITHOUT a time limit. Cheers!

Flower

I started designing the Space area, whoever wants to play-test the progress till now, may pm me. Curious about your response. Cheers!

Flower

Prototyping a Glassy Area.

That liquid needs definitely more work though, it's much too flat yet...
First attempt to do so and it's gettin' bubbly now:

passarbye

Scout1297

You can't go wrong with bubbles  :razz:

MetroidMst

Quote from: Scout1297 on November 24, 2016, 03:42:32 PM
This guy gets it.

In all honesty, I haven't really posted in this topic yet, but I've been keeping an eye on it because this looks really good. Can't wait to see some more NEStroid stuff show up.

Scout1297

Quote from: MetroidMst on November 24, 2016, 06:20:54 PM
This guy gets it.

Why thank you kind shy guy, people say I have quite the popping personality.  :twisted: (get it, cuz, bubbles and popping them?... i'm going to be going now...)

Flower

What's about that fanatic desire for bubbles in this forum?  :lol:
Quote from: Scout1297 on November 24, 2016, 07:49:55 PM
Quote from: MetroidMst on November 24, 2016, 06:20:54 PM
This guy gets it.

Why thank you kind shy guy, people say I have quite the popping personality.  :twisted: (get it, cuz, bubbles and popping them?... i'm going to be going now...)
Once you pop, you'll never stop?

And there is also a "King of Bubbles". Great =)

Had a good laugh though!

Thanks for encouragement!!!

Flower

Plan for another area, some kind of pyramid/chozo ruin/bricky area. A dangerous place.
First prototype of a structure (for sure still work in progress!), looks familiar eh?  :cool: :

Cheers!

EDIT : I am not yet lucky with this chozo brick, i am guessing what i could improve, do you folks have some idea?... I am still learning and improving pixel skills as you can see.

EDIT2:
CHOZO BRICK V2

EDIT3:
CHOZO BRICK V3

EDIT4:
CHOZO BRICK V4

... as you see, it's iterative work!
Guess I'll leave it like that and carry on.

Scout1297

I think you should have V4 and put in a texture more like V1.

Flower

Quote from: Scout1297 on November 27, 2016, 06:02:25 PM
I think you should have V4 and put in a texture more like V1.
Do you mean the chozobird from v1 and putting this into the brick from v4? Or the other way round?

Flower

Quote from: Scout1297 on November 28, 2016, 07:08:20 AM
Other way around
v4 bird (which i absolutely like more) and v1 brick. sounds like a (good) plan. Mission briefing accomplished!  :wink: Results follow soon NOW:

CHOZO BRICK V5

EDIT:

CHOZO BRICK V6

EDIT2:

CHOZO BRICK V7

NOW I carry on

Flower

Do you wanna hear the new songs immediately or do you wanna wait for that next release?
Upload now.
- 3 (33.3%)
Wait for next release.
- 6 (66.7%)

Guess there will be a clear result,  gonna close the voting in January.

By the way i composed two more songs, and more are on the way!

Grimlock

You should do like Optomon and just record a video with the music and upload it to YouTube, then you can post it in your thread.

Flower

I wanted the users to decide if they want to hear it now or later. I could post mp3 links as well (as there is no finished area that fits to the music). But apart from that  good idea!

Flower

Trying out Designs for Stones in a Cave Area

passarbye

Those all look great Flower.
Personally, I like the middle-top and lower-right ones the best.

AuroraxPhilic

I'm going to be on a hiatus very soon for quite some time, and I won't be around to help with musical advice Flower. It would be in your best interest to record and upload to YouTube or another website. Here's my recommendation: Create all the songs your hack will have, then upload them. Next, take the criticisms of the people to improve and even change your music to something better before release. I urge you to seriously consider this if you want people to enjoy your music; you can think of it as the beta soundtrack.

Flower

Quote from: Grimlock on November 29, 2016, 06:33:39 AM
You should do like Optomon and just record a video with the music and upload it to YouTube, then you can post it in your thread.

Quote from: AuroraxPhilic on December 04, 2016, 09:40:14 AM
Create all the songs your hack will have, then upload them. Next, take the criticisms of the people to improve and even change your music to something better before release. I urge you to seriously consider this if you want people to enjoy your music; you can think of it as the beta soundtrack.

I like the idea of composing the soundtrack as a whole and then upload it to utube. Sounds like a good plan. Most people here voted for waiting for the new songs till a release and that stresses the usefulness of having a full soundtrack. Cheers!