News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Space Complex

Started by Flower, October 15, 2016, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Quote from: Quietus on August 17, 2017, 04:08:49 PM
What you need is a section on the hack where you can ride upward on large bubbles, but they pop after standing on them for a while, so you have to hop between a few bubbles to reach the top. :^_^:
Maybe one can copy the code from Mega man II Bubble Man Stage. I guess that's you're mainly referring to.  :^_^:
With the Ressources available i wouldn't know how to achieve that.

Quietus

I was actually thinking of this, but I'm guessing the idea is similar. :grin:

Flower

Quote from: Quietus on August 17, 2017, 04:57:06 PM
I was actually thinking of this, but I'm guessing the idea is similar. :grin:
haha cute game, this dizzy Bubbles! Must be a Mekka for all those Bubble-Lovers round here ( @MetroidMst 's favourite game? haha ).
Fun aside, I really with i could learn asm, but i don't know how to start this to be honest!
Vanilla Metroid hasn't such an oppportunity. There are no solid blocks that move around and 'burst' (become air tiles) at some time. Though i like your idea, would be neat with this tileset.
Regarding the tiles i am most satisfied with the palm tree and the chalice formed flower.

Quietus

I quite like the yellow, stringy things on the left too. :^_^:

Quietus

I like the Fugue one. It reminded me of something like Golden Axe Warrior or Zelda.

Also, I chuckled at the random downgrade Samus suffered in the middle video. :^_^:

Flower

Quote from: Quietus on September 22, 2017, 06:21:49 PM
I like the Fugue one. It reminded me of something like Golden Axe Warrior or Zelda.

Also, I chuckled at the random downgrade Samus suffered in the middle video. :^_^:
1) thanks

2) well to be honest, neither of them is my desired final design. I experimented with an own Samus Sprite (the upper and downer one is from demicks roidz hack). So everything is a placeholder nevertheless! Character Sprites are hard for me to design,but i don't give up! ;)

Cpt.Glitch

I love 8-bit music. Excellent stuff and very catchy.

Flower

My first playground with Character Sprites. I'm on a learning exercise, on the way but not quite there i think. What do you think?

Sephirous

The Second One looks the most detailed.

Flower

With heavy inspiration from Sinis at RHDN i come up with this:

:colonrightv:

Quietus

It's much better with straighter legs. The others all looked a little like they were about to poop. :heheh:

Flower

Quote from: Quietus on October 03, 2017, 01:29:30 PM
It's much better with straighter legs. The others all looked a little like they were about to poop. :heheh:
I'm glad i could advance with figurative proportions.
Honestly if i should guess what i am best with, it's composing music.

Next step is what i am doing now, it's the running animation for that character. Let's see how it turns out. With just 3 animation frames you can't expect fluid animation. But i take my best!

Scout1297

The design is very good overall, but I think that you should toy around with the palette and the lighting more.

Flower

Quote from: Scout1297 on October 04, 2017, 12:16:42 PM
The design is very good overall, but I think that you should toy around with the palette and the lighting more.
Hmm i kinda dunno what i could change rather than the palettes.
But you are welcome to do something, i am open to critic!
Maybe even just with what you mean or have in mind.
I wanted to use palettes arranged from different colours of the spectrum, not just shades of red or something like that. I think it pops out more.
But i am curious with what you have in mind. Maybe you can show off something?
:nod:

Scout1297

ITS DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS

Grimlock

Quote from: Scout1297 on October 10, 2017, 03:56:45 PM

ITS DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS

The one on the right is the best of the two.  I have to agree about the original palette selection, it could use some more attention in my opinion.  In the end though choose what ever you are more comfortable with, regardless of the various opinions you receive.  If your original colors make more sense with your over all design goals then stick to them, if not then maybe continue to experiment with other color choices.

Flower

Redoing the whole stuff cause i was not satisfied with the level design.
I inserted the new sprite and messed with the palettes as you can see.

dewhi100

Hmm, maybe it's just me but the Samus sprite looks softer or blurrier or IDK compared to the scenery which seems sharper. It's hard to explain.

Flower

Quote from: dewhi100 on October 19, 2017, 04:59:46 PM
Hmm, maybe it's just me but the Samus sprite looks softer or blurrier or IDK compared to the scenery which seems sharper. It's hard to explain.
I think that comes from using black and harder contrasts in the surroundment, whereas in the sprite no black is used – BESIDES behind the helmet's visor, and the contrasts are not as jarring.
I don't plan to change anything about it, but that's no promise ;) i'm very moody with working on my hack and recently started level design all over again.
I am glad you shared your visual observation.

Flower

Some screenies from New Brinstar to keep you in tune!

Please note the screens are still subject to change, polish and stuff. Cheers!

AuroraxPhilic

Hey Flower. Really digging the music. This hack is turning out to be pretty cool; from the looks of it. (As always, I would be willing to test your hack for potential critiques and or bugs...if you'd like)

Flower

Hello Space Pirates,

I've got a new Song out.
And beware of some new psychedelic Geemers!  :whoa:

https://youtu.be/8Ao8mzcJxhg

altoiddealer

This is looking and sounding fantastic  :nod: