News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Mini Hack - Super Metroid: Seberus Secret

Started by jk16bit-palmy-, January 03, 2017, 07:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk16bit-palmy-

So its been a long time since i posted or really hacked much, but I decided to make a small mini hack with tiles sets no one really ever uses. So I decided after a few years to breathe it some new life. Enter Super Metroid: Seberus.

Fixed Stuff. Made it more reasonable. If GT too hard, GT code to make fight go smoother. Read readme for more. Good Luck.

Scyzer

I started this post when I downloaded the hack, and have been typing out things as I find them.

[spoiler]
Loads of tiling errors. Most are very noticable, but don't really detract from the gameplay.

Lag from the light in the Morph room. Move the enemy further offscreen or delete it entirely.

You have inconsistency with which tiles are solid and air. Noticably in the 2nd room before/after Morph.

It seems that no enemies drop Supers early on. I hope players don't waste them on enemies after Morph.

There was absolutely NO reason for Torizo to have that much HP. You have so much energy by this point that he can't kill you unless you physically run into him for 2 minutes, and he never does anything other than swing, jump, spit. More HP is pointless and tedious.

In the room after Torizo, you get permastuck if you only go down the 3rd column of crumbles.

Chozo ruins tileset is awesome. <- This is unfortunately the only good thing I can say.

Dragon enemy is broke. You need to place both dragons at the same coordinates.

The Charge Beam in the picture was not there for me in-game.

Phantoon's room is broke. Also don't use FX in his room, because it breaks his animations. This room has poor design too. If it wasn't for the fact that you can literally stand in the spikes by the door, and simply hold fire while facing right, then hold turbo, I would have stopped playing here. The room is broken and I can't imagine many players staying past this room unless they've read what I just said about standing in the spikes.

For gods sakes, what did you do to Ice Beam?

After beating Kraid, CRE broken. You need to reload the CRE by setting the room's GFX Flag to $02.

The save station doesn't load to the same place.

Gold Torizo. What the fuck. Are you fucking high? 65535 HP, with constant acid drain, no HP refills, spikes, and NO safe spots to stand? No. This is where I stopped playing. I don't care if there's the most amazing ASM and rooms behind that door, no one will ever see it. And I was playing the easy version.
[/spoiler]

Rule number #1 when you make a hack: Test test test. Play it yourself to see how it works before releasing it.
I can only hope you didn't actually test this, because if you did, you may need to reconsider your hobbies.

The pictures you posted actually show extremely little as to what this hack actually is. I apologise if I've been too critical, but this hack was so poorly designed that it's gonna ruin my hacking for the next month.

ianfrombristol

Thanks for the hack

So after getting the [spoiler] springball [/spoiler] I am supposed to be able to get out of that area with only [spoiler] morphball, bombs, supers and missiles [/spoiler]?  :pwuh: