News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

URDE

Started by Antidote, February 22, 2016, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Usually when you get the "not recognized as an internal or external command", it relates to the .exe name being incorrect, so perhaps you're not entering the hecl part correctly? Try renaming the .exe to just 'a.exe', then retry with
a extract whatever.iso

SMXM

Nope,still isn't working.

Aruki

Quote from: SMXM on June 28, 2016, 07:52:36 AM
It didn't work.The .exe was already in the same folder as the Metroid Prime.iso so i tried the path then running hecl,I tried the path then full exe name then running it but nothing works.

can you take a screenshot of the command line window after a failed attempt at running hecl?

SMXM

Here,also how are you supposed to upload images? :O_o:

Aruki

you didn't actually change the working directory to the one with hecl. Since it's on a different drive you need to enter "D:" first (as a separate command) then type the CD command to get to the hecl directory. Alternatively it's a lot easier to just navigate to the folder in the explorer, hold shift, right click, and click "open command window here" - that will open the command prompt in the right folder to begin with so you don't have to mess with cd at all.

SMXM

Thank you it worked but then When it was about to extract blender stopped working as shown in the screenshot.Also can someone please tell me how to upload screenshots?
EDIT:I hit the post button without uploading the .rar :lol:

Aruki

get blender 2.76. It says it works with 2.76+ but 2.77a crashes it.

SMXM

It took a while but it finally worked.Thank you for your help.

Antidote

Ah crap, sorry guys, also if you're having issues with our software PLEASE post an issue in our issue tracker and we'll try to get it resolved for you, unfortunately neither @jackoalan or I frequent this forum.

In other news, jack has finished most of the core features of our MusyX reimplementation and we're in need of bug testers so anyone interested please give it a try!
https://github.com/AxioDL/amuse/releases

EDIT:
Also it's known that the 2.77a download on the front page causes hecl to bail out (it's not crashing, windows is just silly in how it handles abort()), it's due to a missing lighting setup that URDE requires, I'll add a check for it and cause hecl to issue an error informing the user.

Hopefully by the time the next version comes out the lighting will be stabilized and that won't be an issue, but for now the feature is still very new (jack added it to blender himself) so it gets left out for reasons unknown.

Antidote

Jackoalan has busted his butt working on the renderer recently to implement some neat features, such as the Space Warp used by the charge beam, and the Thermal Visor effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDS5JLtIIsI

passarbye

that looks badass! nice work

personitis

I'm somewhat disappointed that video doesn't have the wonderful "woo woo wee wee woooooo" noise that thermal usually has. :nod:

Zero One

Quote from: personitis on August 04, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
I'm somewhat disappointed that video doesn't have the wonderful "woo woo wee wee woooooo" noise that thermal usually has. :nod:

You mean, the "meow meow eat my piehole" noise?

Antidote

Don't worry, that will be added when we get the Audio subsystem implemented, MusyX has already been RE'd for the most part, all we're missing is positional listeners really.