News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Samus Returns HD?

Started by Swordsmage, October 16, 2017, 10:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordsmage

I was just playing Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD and was noticing a bunch of similarities with Samus Returns because they share the same engine, and then it hit me. What if Mercury System released a Samus Returns HD for the Switch? It looks like it would be possible since they already did it with another 3DS game, and I hear the Switch is actually easier to develop for. Anyone else think Nintendo would do that within the next few years, or would they just not bother? I don't think they would be opposed to it, we got Resident Evil: Revelations HD ported from the 3DS to the Wii U. Though that was a different company and wasn't a first party IP, so it was probably all Capcom's decision.

Mayo-chan

iirc Mirror of Fate was made with so low a budget that even though it bombed, they were able to make enough profit to upscale it and port it to consoles for the HD rerelease. I don't think Nintendo's gonna make an HD Samus Returns, as neat as that would be.

Swordsmage

They were so gung ho about making 3DS ports of Wii U games. Granted it was all about porting the game to a system people actually had, but I would still like to see some treatment for 3DS -> Console.