News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Grimlocks GameMaker Studio Goodies

Started by Grimlock, September 16, 2016, 12:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

Grimlocks GameMaker Goodies Insanity:

VOL 1:

Introducing HILLAROIDS

Help the lovable Cankles destroy that nuisance ridden evidence from all of her past scandals before they land her in the slammer.

Download link:

V1.0  (Single runtime executable for ease of use)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pwbilbwbxei4qy/Hillaroids_v1.0.zip?dl=0

begrimed

Can't wait to see this at GDQ. :D

The laughter and dialogue piling onto itself as you destroy tons of evidence at once is haunting. Also probably true to life.

Grimlock

I'm going to be working with some platformer elements next, I have an idea for a funny Trump themed game I might toss together just for the learning experience.

crazyal02

Trump-themed indie games are practically a genre of their own at this point.

Grimlock

Quote from: crazyal02 on September 18, 2016, 01:49:12 AM
Trump-themed indie games are practically a genre of their own at this point.

I hadn't really looked to see what sort of comical games people were making but I'm sure both candidates have a ton of them.  Both of them just offer up so much content to run with it's almost too easy.  I actually didn't intend to make a Hillary themed game at first, I was just working through an asteroids tutorial.  After I was finished with the tutorial I was left with a skeleton of a game so I decided to just do something fun with it for the learning experience.  GameMaker has a lot of drag and drop features but I just decided to dive straight into code from the beginning.  I have some previous VBA coding experience so I was able to wrap my mind around a lot of the basic concepts early on.

Mayo-chan

Oh man
Playing this game really gives you a rush, and by that I mean blood rushing out of the fissures in your skull from trying to process what is going on in this god forsaken game.

Edit: Oh man, I hope I didn't sound like a douche with that comment, I was commenting more on the insanity given from the graphics and sound effects.

snarfblam

Grimlock

Quote from: Mayo-chan on September 19, 2016, 04:04:58 PM
Oh man
Playing this game really gives you a rush, and by that I mean blood rushing out of the fissures in your skull from trying to process what is going on in this god forsaken game.

Edit: Oh man, I hope I didn't sound like a douche with that comment, I was commenting more on the insanity given from the graphics and sound effects.

Quote from: snarfblam on September 19, 2016, 05:55:38 PM
Yeah it's pretty complicated

Yep, I think I hit my millionth line of code just before the final compile.   :nod:

[spoiler]Unfortunately it took that many lines to fit all of her past scandals in the game!  :razz:

[/spoiler]