News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Working on action adventure game

Started by Damski, November 30, 2015, 09:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damski

Quote from: snarfblam on July 25, 2016, 05:58:28 PM
Quote from: Damski on July 24, 2016, 11:22:08 AM
When I finish AUtumn forest tileset! I promise to show our progress!

Can't wait! I just hope you guys aren't setting your goals and standards too high. Speaking from experience, starting with a simple plan and expanding your goals as time and availability permit, you're far more likely to see something through to completion than if you start out with ideas of something grand.

Yeah this same thing happened with our Jrpg project and that is the whole reason why it got canceled..  The project was too ambition for small team like us.  We have learned from our noob mistake.. We are trying to make the game simple beautiful and has very simple mechanics..  What I mean with simple mechanic is that there are not going to be any leveling system or 100 Different items, 100 skills like in castlevania games. We want make it like link to the past or super metroid.. You got one weapon and you upgrade it. Other items you use for puzzles etc. The new artstyle that I created take less time to create and  I have gotten more progress than I did with my old style.  Even though the art style is very cute our goal is to make  great atmosphere..  We have gotten a lot inspiration from Moomin if u know what is that series is :D   We want take also different approach for boss battles and sidequest which might create unique result.

Damski

Wip Npc for Autumn sea forest..

Friendly woodman.

Grimlock

I've been following this off and on, I'm glad to see you decided not to make this just another Super Metroid clone as some of your screen shots depicting Samus suggested.  I was actually going to post and encourage you to take this in a more original direction rather than going the route of AM2R.  I'm glad to see you already opted on the side of originality.

I'm curious about your reasoning to go a different route on your graphics style, have you considered bringing in additional talent rather than compromising your original intentions?  I'm sure your new style will be successful judging from your previous works but it sounds like you won't be able to utilize any of your finished content with this project, that's unfortunate.

Damski

Quote from: Grimlock on September 05, 2016, 12:56:34 PM
I've been following this off and on, I'm glad to see you decided not to make this just another Super Metroid clone as some of your screen shots depicting Samus suggested.  I was actually going to post and encourage you to take this in a more original direction rather than going the route of AM2R.  I'm glad to see you already opted on the side of originality.

Thank u.

I'm curious about your reasoning to go a different route on your graphics style, have you considered bringing in additional talent rather than compromising your original intentions?  I'm sure your new style will be successful judging from your previous works but it sounds like you won't be able to utilize any of your finished content with this project, that's unfortunate.

Thank u

The reason why I went for this style because It save a lot of time compared to my old one. My vision was too high for just small team. The original idea was to make  owl boy level of  graphic with darker tone.  It would take 100 years to make just one area. I dont wanna make 10-7 years of game project. So I started to create style that can done much faster way. I have done now two areas which contain a lot of animations and tile variety and im actually happy with the result and we have also  designed monster and level design and other think along with.  We will get additional talent for monster and character  animation, and for music composer because Im  not really  great in those field.

The game is very colorful so Im not sure if a lot of people will like this style here.  The game will be  me much  challenging than Super metroid and I really want compete with Super metroid level desing.. I really love it and there is not much indie devs that has been trying to nailed it better than super metroid.. So it will be super challenging for me.

Quietus

A cute appearance can still make a quality game. Look at things like the Megaman X series. :^_^: