News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Drugtroid! Metroid on Drugs!

Started by TheDruggedMetroid, September 12, 2016, 06:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDruggedMetroid

My First Metroid Hack!

Prepare to have everything you knew about Metroid slaughtered right before your eyes! :grin:

Basically I just changed items and changed the pallet to obnoxious colors to simulate Metroid on Drugs!

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

biospark

Just a heads up, I don't think anyone will play this. If the only thing you've changed is that it's more annoying to look at, I don't think there's any incentive to play it.

I'd rather take actual drugs if I wanted that kind of experience.

Kei

^ This.

I was kinda hyped for a sec, not gonna lie.

Not that I do drugs or anything...

Grimlock

If you can't acquire the item that allows you to morph into a ball (morph ball) in the first few screens then there's no way the player will even make it to the first vertical shaft. Might want to rethink your item placement or open up that passageway.

I have to agree with Bio though, you're not going to get any players to sign on to a hideous assortment of obnoxious palette changes, at least not for more than a few minutes before they have to start wiping the blood away from their eye sockets.

Daltone

This is exactly what metroids are like when i play drugs

Zero Dozer

*See the image, eyes start to hurt*

Ugh, man. I thought it would be surreal, not some screaming color scheme.

TheDruggedMetroid

Quote from: biospark on September 12, 2016, 08:23:32 PM
Just a heads up, I don't think anyone will play this. If the only thing you've changed is that it's more annoying to look at, I don't think there's any incentive to play it.

As i said in the description this is my first hack.
It's also something i made in my free time as a joke hack.
Quote from: Grimlock on September 12, 2016, 08:34:35 PM
If you can't acquire the item that allows you to morph into a ball (morph ball) in the first few screens then there's no way the player will even make it to the first vertical shaft. Might want to rethink your item placement or open up that passageway.

I have to agree with Bio though, you're not going to get any players to sign on to a hideous assortment of obnoxious palette changes, at least not for more than a few minutes before they have to start wiping the blood away from their eye sockets.
I removed the area that requires morphball and even placed the morphball where the long beam would be meaning you only had to get the bombs where the energy tank at the morphball area (that i fixed) would be, get the missiles in early norfair, go up to where the long beam would be and get morphball. Also this game tricks you into going where the Win Game elevator would be only to find that it's on an elevator in a place unaccessible after beating MB which just goes too show that i'm absolutely evil! Have fun! (I'm actually making a GOOD Metroid 1 Hack called Demonic Metroid!)

Flower

Quote from: TheDruggedMetroid on September 12, 2016, 11:33:03 PM
[...] (I'm actually making a GOOD Metroid 1 Hack called Demonic Metroid!)
=> Please!

Quote from: biospark on September 12, 2016, 08:23:32 PM
=> OK, i concur with you whole heartedly, guess you shouldn't mix both experiences :D

Byebye, it's weekend time, time for dru....Metroid hack...umm...guess i will do something else tonight :D

Genesis

Quote from: TheDruggedMetroid on September 12, 2016, 06:53:07 PM
My First Metroid Hack!

Prepare to have everything you knew about Metroid slaughtered right before your eyes! :grin:

Basically I just changed items and changed the pallet to obnoxious colors to simulate Metroid on Drugs!

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

My eyes are bleeding because of that hideous pallete

Quietus

I think it's supposed to, as it's the intended method for portraying the 'on Drugs' idea.

alexman25

OML this looks so good I'm gonna play it ASAP.