News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Summer Contest: Race to the Finish!

Started by DSO, June 22, 2016, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Fixed another garbagled room, this time in tourian..., I really hope there aren't more of these. *sigh*

PonchGaming

Y Faster, 1/10, fix yer hax metak. But on a serious note, why does this always happen to me? It was fun, up until that point.
[spoiler]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/219148713560375296/221115878802980885/Capture.PNG[/spoiler]

Metaquarius

Quote from: PonchGaming on September 02, 2016, 12:02:47 AM
why does this always happen to me?
No beta-tester for this hack and your bad habit of sneaking into every hole/crack possible.  :heheh:

PonchGaming

Quote from: Metaquarius on September 02, 2016, 07:25:17 AM
No beta-tester for this hack and your bad habit of sneaking into every hole/crack possible.  :heheh:

You should beta test this hack. Like I wasn't even trying, I was just trying to play the game. But you really should get at least one or two beta testers for hacks.

Steel Sparkle

Beat Lunaria's hack.
It wasn't as stupid as i thought. it was alright. 3/5
[spoiler]I liked the custom music a lot though.[/spoiler]
time:2:11
Items:98%

Aran;Jaeger

Quote from: Metaquarius on September 02, 2016, 07:25:17 AM

That is called exploration (at least the general concept), and I really hope X-Fusion will not suffer from lack of testing, especially considering all the (presumably) many new mechanics and features, the number of possible bugs due to more and new things that can be combined might multiply quickly. :neutral:

elol

HEY Metaquarius your hack  seem to have ELIMINATED because not find for any site DO YOU STILL HAVE IT ? :pwuh: :pwuh:

RT-55J

Metaquarius submitted the hack to the site, and so he deleted the attachment from his post. The hack will be back online as soon as somebody pushes it through the approval queue.

RT-55J

Y-FASTER
- 1st playthrough: 56:43, 70%, 2 deaths
[spoiler=First route]Gold -> North -> Dark -> Zari[/spoiler]
- 2nd playthrough: 33:22, 53%, 0 deaths
[spoiler=Second route]North (for e-tanks) -> Dark (for Gravity) -> North (for PBs/speedbooster) -> Zari -> Gold (via Zari)

One weird thing about this route was that I never collected SMs. I thought it would be an issue, but it wasn't that bad actually.[/spoiler]

The routing considerations in this hack remind me of Mega Man 2. There are lots of interdependencies between areas, and therefore a lot of tradeoffs to be made. I'm still not sure what route would be best for any%. I'd probably go for this route next:
[spoiler]Dark -> North -> Gold (via Zari) -> Zari (via Gold)

Grapple and varia seem too out-of-the-way for me to bother with outside of 100%.[/spoiler]

---

SMChallenge
- 10:52, 113%

That was really well done!

EDIT: 5:12, 83%

Lunaria

Is there any deadline for the judging? I don't expect people to just drop everything for this but if you signed up to the judging then you at least knew it was happening. :V

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Lunaria on September 08, 2016, 06:47:25 AM
Is there any deadline for the judging? I don't expect people to just drop everything for this but if you signed up to the judging then you at least knew it was happening. :V
Deadline is Sept 17th

Lunaria

Sweet. :>

Can't wait for the results and critical panning.

RT-55J

More Y-FASTER talk.

33:18 49%

I decided to do a Zaristar-first run. That was rather brutal. I suggest mopping up the hub area before going there, if you're going to do that. In spite of the difficulty there, I managed be faster than last time.

[spoiler=Routing, again]
Spring Ball/Grapple -> Zaristar (Wave/SJ) -> Gold (Plasma/Supers) -> North (skip PBs/speed) -> Dark (Ice/Gravity) -> Final

Doing Zaristar before Northstar allowed me to practically skip everything in Northstar, so I say that's good.

Missiles appear to be the best option against Crocmire (Plasma doesn't multihit), so I could do Darkstar first. DS doesn't have too much in the way of shortcuts, either.

Supers proved to be extraneous in my route, once again. The time lost getting them does not justify the time gained against eyedoors.

The Zaristar tube shortcut through Goldstar may or may not justify getting PBs. The only issues I can see with that is that I wouldn't have Plasma for Ridley, but he seems like a pushover here anyway.

Thus, I propose:

a) Darkstar (Ice, Gravity) -> Zaristar (Wave, SJ) -> Northstar (PBs, Spazer?) -> Goldstar (enter/exit via Zaristar, get Plasma) -> end

or

b) Darkstar (Ice, Gravity) -> Zaristar (Wave, SJ) -> Goldstar (plasma) -> Northstar (no upgrades) -> end
[/spoiler]

Has anyone actually gotten the best ending yet?

Aran;Jaeger

Here is a link to Foosda´s route and personal best (I think it is):
https://www.twitch.tv/foosda/v/85948252

I know of some more strategies one could use though (like clipping through the GlassTube from above to spark up in the Red Gate room and so on).

Metaquarius

So crushment happened (special thanks to SlyPork who hasn't submitted his list in time :razz:) Still, good job to Monster, Crys and especially Smiley. We didn't get the bevy of contestants we all hoped for and that's kind of sad. I'd like to conclude with a quote from MetroidMST during last year contest :
QuoteIt's time to start making 4 entries a low amount instead of the average amount. Let's get some hype going for the next contest! And if possible, do your part and spread the word around.

Regarding Y-FASTER :
Quote from: Aran;Jaeger on September 10, 2016, 10:53:50 PM
Here is a link to Foosda´s route and personal best (I think it is):
https://www.twitch.tv/foosda/v/85948252

I know of some more strategies one could use though (like clipping through the GlassTube from above to spark up in the Red Gate room and so on).
I think one should try getting SpringBall before venturing into NorthStar considering it makes the lava dive somewhat faster. Not entirely sure it's worthwhile in the long run though. Maybe for 100% run ?

Lunaria

Quote from: Metaquarius on September 18, 2016, 05:01:14 PM
So crushment happened (special thanks to SlyPork who hasn't submitted his list in time :razz:) Still, good job to Monster, Crys and especially Smiley. We didn't get the bevy of contestants we all hoped for and that's kind of sad. I'd like to conclude with a quote from MetroidMST during last year contest :
QuoteIt's time to start making 4 entries a low amount instead of the average amount. Let's get some hype going for the next contest! And if possible, do your part and spread the word around.
Which is funny because he basically told me to sod off for submitting my hack to the contest. :p

SlyPork

Quote from: Metaquarius on September 18, 2016, 05:01:14 PM(special thanks to SlyPork who hasn't submitted his list in time :razz:)

Yeah, my bad. When I signed up for it I wasn't expecting to be so swamped with College stuff already. I still plan to stream and play all of the hacks but it will have to wait until at least next week.