News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SMILE rom?

Started by Jet3rd, August 08, 2016, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet3rd

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. i am new to this. But recently I wanted to make a SM hack but I could not find a rom that worked with SMILE. As in they actually didn't show up in the file explorer. Is this my computer? Or is it just the rom. It would really help if someone to get me a link to a SM rom that worked with SMILE.

Thank You.  :^_^:

PonchGaming

We are unable to link to roms, but, make sure you rom is Super Metroid  (JU), E does not work. Hope that helps.

Quote58

Quote from: PonchGaming on August 08, 2016, 02:15:58 PM
We are unable to link to roms, but, make sure you rom is Super Metroid  (JU), E does not work. Hope that helps.

To clarify, E refers to the European release of the game, and that region (PAL) had different standards which required games to be altered from the original. So for example the PAL rom runs at a lower frame rate, making it very different for things like speed running. Smile won't open pal roms, but iirc it should be able to see them in the file explorer. If your rom ends in .smc it should work. If however it ends in .sfc, that's a different format that will run in an emulator but smile won't open. In that case, either try renaming it .smc or downloading a clean, [JU] rom.

Jet3rd

Thank to both of you it helped. Metroid hacks here I come.