News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Containment Chamber

Started by Aran;Jaeger, July 21, 2016, 08:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aran;Jaeger

And this hack here should have been posted long ago already, so here we go:
This hack was made by Lioran (someone that did speedrun Super Metroid Impossible and has the World Record for it and also 3 deathless runs of it), I think with the help of Metaquarius (at least his music is used), I assume. And I guess Lioran went to esper.net to ask questions for his hack some longer time ago. His hack is absolutely linear and based around figuring out puzzles (without deadly rooms or hidden passages at all, because that is not the point of his hack/not his intention, but has savestations and refill places every now and then) that will require knowledge on game mechanics (which I find is an awesome concept, but honestly should be too complicated for most players). No too complicated input patterns are needed (like no hard execution), but rather intuition, creativity, patience and knowledge on how different aspects in the game work.

Super Metroid Containment Chamber:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/121332695195320320/205841371247017984/Super_Metroid_Containment_Chamber_JU_.IPS

Instead of pictures, there is a (spoilery) current World Record video of the hack:
[spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_a7t2zx0k
[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

Really cool concept and music.  I don't think I'll be trying this (I watched the video and too many of the moves are beyond my pay grade), but yeah, that's neat. 

SlyPork

Watched the video. I feel like I've gained the entire experience of the hack already. Pass.

Strokend

Quote from: SlyPork on July 23, 2016, 03:55:28 PM
Watched the video. I feel like I've gained the entire experience of the hack already. Pass.

For reasons like this, I would appreciate some screenshots instead.

Steel Sparkle

That game looks pretty hard. I will probably pass but who knows. im a glutton for punishment.