News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Problem with the mailbox

Started by Dark-SA-X, June 18, 2016, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark-SA-X

Ever since I reregistered here, there has been a problem with the mail box or if not many.
When I send mail to Begrimed, it says successfully sent, feeling swell I log out to handle other business.
I check back a few days later no response hmm  :pwuh: I check my outbox and there is no sent message I sent out a week ago ?
Its pretty frustating as hell to communicate via through the mail system here.
The only thing that somewhat works properly is create new message, but that has a different issue in itself.
Could one of the lead admins look into this closely and see what the problem is and where our lost mail is ending up ?

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on June 18, 2016, 03:36:55 PM
Ever since I reregistered here, there has been a problem with the mail box or if not many.
When I send mail to Begrimed, it says successfully sent, feeling swell I log out to handle other business.
I check back a few days later no response hmm  :pwuh: I check my outbox and there is no sent message I sent out a week ago ?
Its pretty frustating as hell to communicate via through the mail system here.
The only thing that somewhat works properly is create new message, but that has a different issue in itself.
Could one of the lead admins look into this closely and see what the problem is and where our lost mail is ending up ?
There's a check box to save a copy of the pm you're sending. If that's not checked, that's why there's nothing in your outbox (also patience is a virtue)

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on June 18, 2016, 03:40:56 PM
his closely and see what the problem is and where our lost mail is ending up ?
There's a check box to save a copy of the pm you're sending. If that's not checked, that's why there's nothing in your outbox (also patience is a virtue)
[/quote]

Back up for a minute, so your saying if I send my mail without the checkbox will my mail be received or not ?
On other forums when I send mail, it automatically goes to my sent outbox, also it will let me know if someone read it or not.
Yes Anonymus I have patience, problem is I have been having issues since arriving late last year.
That should give you a clue as to how patient I am thanks for the input though.

Dark-SA-X

"TheAnonymousUser"
There's a check box to save a copy of the pm you're sending. If that's not checked, that's why there's nothing in your outbox

(also patience is a virtue)

Back up for a minute, so your saying if I send my mail without the checkbox will my mail be received or not ?
On other forums when I send mail, it automatically goes to my sent outbox, also it will let me know if someone read it or not.
Yes Anonymus I have patience, problem is I have been having issues since arriving late last year.
That should give you a clue as to how patient I am thanks for the input though.
[/quote]

Smiley

The recipient will get the message, but it won't be archived in your outbox if the box isn't checked.

Hawntah

Perhaps it should be checked by default.

Jordan5

Quote from: Hawntah on June 18, 2016, 08:04:20 PM
Perhaps it should be checked by default.

It is for me, so maybe Dark-SA-X unchecked it not realising what it meant.

Quote58

I believe it is indeed checked by default but seriously:

"Yes Anonymus I have patience, problem is I have been having issues since arriving late last year.
That should give you a clue as to how patient I am thanks for the input though."

No need for that sass, but honestly if you tried /so/ hard to find a solution, you should've seen the button directly under the message box in full view. There's nothing wrong with the system, considering once you check or uncheck it, the forum remembers that and it stays until you change it.
This is in contrast to a system I think is quite annoying on romhacking.net, where although there is an obvious button, you still have to click it every single time (to my knowledge).

siddhartha__

Quote from: Quote58 on June 18, 2016, 09:42:14 PM
I believe it is indeed checked by default

It's not checked for me, and I've never sent a PM, so I think it's unchecked by default.

Dark-SA-X

Any moderator seing this please go ahead and lock the thread.