News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Unification of Information (aka wiki everything)

Started by Zero One, July 14, 2016, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero One

So recently, MetConst has undertaken a massive overhaul, with a whole new moderation team, a new website being created and the creation of a wiki. Now, currently there is a LOT of information for all of the games, and the information represents a MASSIVE community effort to tear apart the games and document, which is great! However, the information is pretty fractured; some of it is in the Docs section of the old main site, some of it is spread across all of the subdomains, and some of it only exists in threads in the forum. Thus, we have the new project:

Unification of Information!

Starting today, we will be collating information from across the various locations and placing them into a single repository: the MetConst Wiki! This will replace the Docs section on the old site, and we will not be allowing guides to be submitted to the Resources section of the new site. To begin with, we'll simply be creating links on the Wiki that link to existing documents, but over time, we will be removing those links and formatting them into a wiki-style series of instructions. All document writers will retain credit for their work.

This is also a community effort; everybody can write guides for the Wiki, and we hope you do! Not only will it be much faster, it'll also be much easier for new people to hop in, check out the wiki and quickly get into making some great hacks!

Quietus

For clarity's sake, you could add some basic information on how submitting guides works. It might also be worth altering Super's front page, since most of the community now focus solely on SMILE RF, not 2.5.

Kazuto

For what it's worth, I'd be okay with the guide I already submitted to the MAGE topic being linked to both Fusion and Zero Mission.  Perhaps the two of them should also have a parent page for hacking information that's common to both games?  That page could have the links to Double Helix and MAGE, for example.

MetroidMst

Quote from: Quietus on July 14, 2016, 10:46:28 AM
since most of the community now focus solely on SMILE RF, not 2.5.
I would just like to mention this is not exactly true. Myself and quite a few others use 2.5 instead, and it seems to be fairly commonly used still among hacking peeps.

Quietus

That's what I get for trying to be down with the kids. :oh:

Zero One

Quote from: Quietus on July 14, 2016, 10:46:28 AM
For clarity's sake, you could add some basic information on how submitting guides works. It might also be worth altering Super's front page, since most of the community now focus solely on SMILE RF, not 2.5.

We'll likely end up with a Meta section on the Wiki explaining how to submit and how things should be written, but for now, we'd like to see people submitting stuff, and we'll fix it as we go until a proper guide has been written. As for SMILE/RF/2.5, it's really not important which one is the "primary" one because we'll ideally have guides that work for all of them.

interdpth