News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Ceres Ridley

Started by squishy_ichigo, July 16, 2016, 10:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy_ichigo

I can't post an image because 'spoilers' but, I am having an issue with Ceres Ridley's room, and can not for the life of me figure out what is causing the issue.

It wasn't occurring before I went and moved all my mdbs around, and I can't recreate it in a clean rom, so tracking it down has been a real issue. I've already spent around 6ish hours on this. :S

The issue specifically, is the room isn't being drawn properly on entrance to the room. The boxes under the door, and the right wall aren't being drawn, just black space. The block data is correct, as in its has solid bts.  Upon ridley's flying away, the room is redrawn, and then the room looks correct.

I have seen this issue before, but I don't recall what fixes it, if anyone has any information, I would be much appreciate.

EDIT: Thanks to a one scyzer, this problem has been fixed. It was related to missing door asm at the ceres elevator shaft door to the next room. Once I repointed that door asm, it fixed ridleys room.
<Scyzer> that door undoes some stuff needed for the mode 7 in the shaft, but isn't needed anywhere else. It conflicts with the mode 7 in ceres ridley though, and the registers it changes isnt changed anywhere else apart from that door

Thanks Fishlady!