News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hunters : Controls

Started by CraigRobbo, May 25, 2016, 02:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigRobbo

Alright guys, so a relativly easy mod.

Hunters offers essentially two control layouts. Touchscreen and buttons.

Now the buttons do not allow for 8 way diectional movement, only 4 (up down left right) meaning control are very stiff and aiming is hard.

On PC for emulators the touchscreen canot be emulated to controls only a mouse which is not easy.

So can the controls  be moded to allow for 8 way direction?

Craig

Jordan5

I don't know if this helps you or not, as i cannot really answer your question, but I replayed hunters when I got my 3DS and found that using the analogue stick made everything much easier. So if you have a 3DS I would recommend trying that :^_^:

Quote58

Quote from: CraigRobbo on May 25, 2016, 02:03:35 PM
Alright guys, so a relativly easy mod.

Hunters offers essentially two control layouts. Touchscreen and buttons.

Now the buttons do not allow for 8 way diectional movement, only 4 (up down left right) meaning control are very stiff and aiming is hard.

On PC for emulators the touchscreen canot be emulated to controls only a mouse which is not easy.

So can the controls  be moded to allow for 8 way direction?

Craig

So, a couple of things to talk about here, but the short answer to my knowledge is no. But here's why:
I've actually been trying to figure out the best control scheme because I got a gpd xd and hunters looks and plays great, but I want a way to map to the right stick. What I've found is that obviously the best way is to use a mouse on a PC, but if you're using a controller, then the first though would be just map the stick to the face buttons. Problem is the face buttons don't act the same as a dpad. As you said, they only provide 4 directional movement. In drastic, the ds emulator for Android, there's a setting or the right stick called "fps". This works, poorly but better than the other options. It's aiming is very slow, but it's about the best we have. If there is a setting for making the face button icons closer together, then mapping the stick might work for diagonals, but otherwise there just aren't any good control schemes for 8 directional aiming.

Here's the problem though, there's no way to hack in the functionality we want because you can already choose to have the face buttons control movement. For Zelda, it was that the dpad wasnt being used for movement so a hack made sense