News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

noob questions(ZM in MAGE)

Started by MBT808, November 03, 2016, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBT808

working with MAGE, I had a few questions.

I would like to add the recharge/savestations from chozodia to the rest of the game(to replace non item statue Chozo), however I'm not sure if its possible or how to accomplish this, does anyone have an iteam how to do this?

I'm considering making the long beam default and adding the spazer? A suggestion was to use ASM to implement it into the ZM engine, would this work?(or is there a more efficient/easier method?)

thanks.

Quietus

I believe that's part of the debug menu, which you can see under Tools > Patches.

Lojemiru

As for the savestations, it should just be a specific spriteset that has the recharge/savestation from Chozodia. As for the second question, I have no clue, as I know nothing about hacking ZM outside of MAGE.

biospark

You'd have to use asm to start with long beam or add spazer. Starting with long beam wouldn't be too difficult, but adding spazer would be quite difficult, especially if you're not replacing an existing beam.

MBT808

thanks, I'm getting the hang of the editor so far. I'm figuring that I might try improving the existing beam(minus the standard, since its going to be replaced by long from the start) within the limitations of the zm rom, assuming I can find a spriter who wouldn't mind lending a hand.