News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2010 - Archives

Started by squishy_ichigo, January 16, 2010, 11:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

Would have voted snarfblam or sadfish, but goddamn, just LOOK at grimes room, that's craftsmanship son.

Phazar

Whoa, lots of great rooms this week.  But in the end, I voted for snarfblam because of those amazing things he can do with NEStroid.

stat!k

umm squishy... that's a room from zero-mission is it not? unless you rebuilt it in super Metroid then that's pretty harsh plagiarism.
sorry, that's just what i think, i maybe/ probably am wrong

video of it in action plox

Blarget2

i guess we aready know the winner this week.

Hiroshi Mishima

Statik, I'm pretty sure that Squish's room was a joke.

snarfblam

Quote from: Blarget2 on August 18, 2010, 03:55:48 PM
i guess we aready know the winner this week.
We do? Sadiztyk posted a pretty awesome room (better than mine imo). Crys' is pretty neat, MetroidMst's room is a lot cooler than it looks in a still shot... who knows?

Charmander106

I voted for Sadiztyk Fish, the look of the Crateria tiles look cool.

Hiroshi Mishima

I was really hoping Snarf's room would win by a landside. I dunno why the other rooms this week haven't impressed me.

FullOfFail

Umm, maybe this needs to be bumped.

I'm working on a room, no guarantees I'll get it done before this ends, but I'll try.

Daltone

interdpth

I called photoshop on Daltones.

begrimed

Daltone

QuoteI called photoshop on Daltones.
seriously? godammit. I'll have a video up tonight. Why don't you guys trust me?!? :(

Phazar

Quote from: Daltone on August 22, 2010, 08:50:35 PM
QuoteI called photoshop on Daltones.
seriously? godammit. I'll have a video up tonight. Why don't you guys trust me?!? :(
...Let's just say you got yourself trolled by inter....

Daltone

Quote...Let's just say you got yourself trolled by inter....
Alright, lol.
but just in case...
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtnjd8qgfE[/spoiler]

Hiroshi Mishima

Inter, stfu and go away if you've nothing to add.

I personally like both rooms. It's going to be difficult to decide, especially if we get more entries.

EDIT: I'm wanting to say what I like about the rooms now, but I keep holding myself back cause I want to see what other entries we're going to get. Provided we do, in fact, get any others. Well, still a couple hours left, at any rate...

interdpth

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on August 22, 2010, 11:04:15 PM
Inter, stfu and go away if you've nothing to add.

I personally like both rooms. It's going to be difficult to decide, especially if we get more entries.

EDIT: I'm wanting to say what I like about the rooms now, but I keep holding myself back cause I want to see what other entries we're going to get. Provided we do, in fact, get any others. Well, still a couple hours left, at any rate...

Really, stop being a faggot and stay on topic.

The reason I said it looked shopped is because it looks too good for Metroid, and probably hands down has this weeks contest done.

You had no clue the premise I meant when I called it shopped.

And I wasn't trolling you Daltone, that room is just amazing. :)

Zhs2

Alright, alright, calm down, jeesh. Now I have to post in here. Fuckin' blarglesnatchasdf
Everyone else clearly misinterpreted the content of your post, and Phazar just helped push the point of what everyone else was thinking. Being a certified troll can be dangerous sometimes, innit?

More on topic, misshapen rooms for the win. The video he posted almost made it look like it looped ingame o_O

interdpth

I didn't even see the video. o_o That is intense

Phazar

squishy, you forgot to unlock the voting.  Fixed now, everyone can start voting!

Quietus

Daltone for me this week.  Not only is it a great room, but I often get a feeling with Grime's rooms that they are all same-y.  Sorry, Grime. :neutral:

MetroidMst

I actually thought Grime's room was more different than usual this week...

IMetroRat

Hiroshi Mishima

I'm actually not sure who to vote for. I still don't see what was so "hax"-like about Daltone's room that some people had a problem with. I think the room looks really good, hence my difficulty in making a choice. I'm not doing a "name: blah blah" post this week as I just can't get myself into the mood. Both rooms have interesting tilesets going on, good palettes, etc...

Shit, this is pissing me off that I can't decide. Grime's room look alien and the tiles all look and fit together nicely. It looks like a natural room out of a game and that really impresses me. On the other hand, Daltone's room is just sexy (I hate using that description for a room) and he's done some really nice layer work.

Eh, I'm curious to see how this'll end, I'll pick Grime just to make it more of a tie.