News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Community Race - 10/2/2016

Started by MetroidMst, September 04, 2016, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

AFTER A SHORTER THAN YOU THINK WAIT, THE TIME HAS COME FOR ANOTHER RANDOM SELECTION OF THING TO DO THE RACE STUFF ON. PREPARE YOUR ANGUS, BECAUSE I ESCHEW AM2R IN FAVOR OF SOMETHING WAY BETTER. Return to the world of 8-bits as we take our talents to the world of The Legend of Zelda! But not just any Legend of Zelda, the first one, WITH A RANDOMIZER!

What Game: Zelda I Randomizer
When: October 2nd, 2016 @2PM EST
Where: MetConst Mumble
Who: Basically real people

Okay, so I want to mention off the top that there are a ton of options in this randomizer. Like literally a ton. What we'll be doing for the race is basically up to you. If you feel more confident in your knowledge of the game or whatever, go for some of the more challenging options. (Dungeons being in any cave, sword not guaranteed in the first cave, ect.) If not, just go for the more simple randomizations.

There are a couple of requirements however. The first being that you use either Fun% or Sprite Shuffle on the MISC tab, which basically means items sprites can be swapped with another sprite, (Heart containers might look like Boomerrangs, ect.) or all sprites will be the same. The second requirement, is that you change your character sprite from Link to whatever else. Link is lame and needs to focus on ALttP Randomizers, so someone else needs to save the princess. There is a rather large list of sprites you can choose from here as well.

Other than those two things, the rest of the options are up to you! Don't be afraid to join, even @snarfblam joined a Super Metroid hack race.

Steel Sparkle

Sounds cool but i will wait till the day Phazon 0.3 is raced for 100%.
good luck to anyone who does race though.

Lunaria

If I have the time and if I remember then I'll join.

SacredHooves

Technomagus

I will tentatively throw my hat into the ring for this, since it's actually a day I can participate in one of these.  Assuming real life doesn't get in the way.

Lunaria

MetroidMst

If you read the paragraph stating the requirements, you'll notice that there is no mention of a seed being provided.

Lunaria

Which is why I asked for clarification. :p

KP9000

So let's do this again sometime. I missed it due to an unhealthy amount of adulting. I'm gonna have a kid soon so let's get this in before then, yeah?

MetroidMst

Sounds like we got nine months to work with.