News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: RodBlanc on August 29, 2021, 08:23:22 PM
Guys please someone explain to me the difference between 0.3 and 0.4? Also Whats up with 0.1 and 0.2? Read some people saying .2 was better? Witch one should i play? Im new here and on this hack
Phazon 0.1 and 0.2 are about the same, 0.2 has bug fixes and stuff that make it superior to 0.1.
Phazon 0.3 has phazon particles, a graphical updates and beam type doors/Blockages.
0.4 updates the graphics even more with map additions and changes. Phazon 0.4 also has new gameplay changes with different door types that requires not just different beams this time around but beam frequencies (essentially keys).
Phazon 0.4 keeps the optional Phazon Particle hunt.

FelixWright

newer versions of phazon are called alternate m:episode phazon where each save file is a different place basically

Tessie

I've played the first file in 0.4 and it seems I'm stuck. I've beaten reskinned Spore Spawn and the two reskinned silver space pirates. I've found Missiles, Charge Beam, and one beam frequency upgrade (I think it was yellow, but it doesn't show on the item screen). My problem is that every single pathway I can find is locked by doors I can't pass or requires morph ball.
The doors in particular are weird because some of them (the ones with a plate in front of them) reacts to missiles but after 1 or 5 (depending on which door) they simply lose their colour and stays shut.
Here's an example of a red door after having taken 5 missiles: https://i.imgur.com/gxvJB0l.png

I checked Oatsngoats' first video on Metroid: Phazon to see how he progressed, but he runs an older version and the door he passes at 32:53 is purple for me and just shuts down after five missiles.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Tessie on September 22, 2021, 04:17:53 PM
I've played the first file in 0.4 and it seems I'm stuck. I've beaten reskinned Spore Spawn and the two reskinned silver space pirates. I've found Missiles, Charge Beam, and one beam frequency upgrade (I think it was yellow, but it doesn't show on the item screen). My problem is that every single pathway I can find is locked by doors I can't pass or requires morph ball.
The doors in particular are weird because some of them (the ones with a plate in front of them) reacts to missiles but after 1 or 5 (depending on which door) they simply lose their colour and stays shut.
Here's an example of a red door after having taken 5 missiles: https://i.imgur.com/gxvJB0l.png

I checked Oatsngoats' first video on Metroid: Phazon to see how he progressed, but he runs an older version and the door he passes at 32:53 is purple for me and just shuts down after five missiles.
Purple doors take a lot of missiles, keep firing at them till they open up (yes, this means even when it looks "shut down" and yes i know that is a RED door but still.), the amount varies from purple door to purple door. You are going the right way so far.

True Hyper Sonic

The 0.42 download is completely unplayable. The moment it tries to load up Ceres Station, it glitches out, and freezes completely. I'm not sure what the problem is, but that's a big one. You'd better fix that fast.

Edit: Apparently, I screwed up, and only applied half of the hack. Both patches are now applied.  :blush:

Sapphron

if you read red_monkey's post, it says to patch both of them. not just one. it's also not 0.42, it's the second part of patch 0.4.
did it myself and works perfectly, better go remove that review :colonrightv:

True Hyper Sonic

Full Map? For each world? Please?  :bounce:
Also, don't know how to delete reviews, so I just edited it.  :lol:

True Hyper Sonic

Bit of a problem. There's a section I need to explore in the Sewers, just to the left of the Eastern Sewer Elevator, in a room with tons of reddish-orange bubbles that I can't break. However, the Digger Robot that clears away the otherwise indestructible bubbles keeps getting stuck on the unnecessary platform at the bottom of the room, and no matter how long I hold Tab to fast-forward, it just keeps wiggling in place, unable to get loose due to wonky collision. Please remove that platform, or move it up a couple grid spaces, so that the Robot can dig out the bottom left section of the room. I wanted to give screenshots, but PNG files are not allowed to be uploaded.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 09, 2021, 01:18:59 AM
Bit of a problem. There's a section I need to explore in the Sewers, just to the left of the Eastern Sewer Elevator, in a room with tons of reddish-orange bubbles that I can't break. However, the Digger Robot that clears away the otherwise indestructible bubbles keeps getting stuck on the unnecessary platform at the bottom of the room, and no matter how long I hold Tab to fast-forward, it just keeps wiggling in place, unable to get loose due to wonky collision. Please remove that platform, or move it up a couple grid spaces, so that the Robot can dig out the bottom left section of the room. I wanted to give screenshots, but PNG files are not allowed to be uploaded.

The snail-like enemies can also break the bubbles...

True Hyper Sonic

Do you know where to find the Valkyrie Door? I have all the keys, but I don't know where to go. :mad:

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 09, 2021, 01:43:11 PM
Do you know where to find the Valkyrie Door? I have all the keys, but I don't know where to go. :mad:

[spoiler]You'll find it in the Tetrafuse. [/spoiler]

True Hyper Sonic

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on December 09, 2021, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 09, 2021, 01:43:11 PM

[spoiler]You'll find it in the Tetrafuse. [/spoiler]
Where in Tetrafuse? Is it to the West, the East, or somewhere in the middle?
Edit: Also, devs? The SE corner of both the Sewer map and the Tetrafuse map keep disappearing, whenever I either leave the sector, or reload the game. And the Morph Ball Bomb Room is glitched, where the exit door remains gray, even after you collect the upgrade. I had to cheat to get Bombs without getting softlocked. Unless there's some hidden switch somewhere in that room, (which I doubt, because I scanned it top-to-bottom with X-ray Visor) the room is a guaranteed softlock.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 09, 2021, 04:01:35 PM
And the Morph Ball Bomb Room is glitched, where the exit door remains gray, even after you collect the upgrade. I had to cheat to get Bombs without getting softlocked. Unless there's some hidden switch somewhere in that room, (which I doubt, because I scanned it top-to-bottom with X-ray Visor) the room is a guaranteed softlock.

You should've killed an enemy/boss in the Bombs room. You need to kill the boss to open the door.

True Hyper Sonic

That's strange. The boss never spawned. No wonder I was softlocked.

True Hyper Sonic

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 10, 2021, 11:47:08 AM
Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 10, 2021, 11:36:09 AM
That's strange. The boss never spawned. No wonder I was softlocked.

https://youtu.be/Lk9jcSAyanQ?t=408
The boss enemy never spawned in that room for me. If that's what the problem was, then no wonder I got stuck.  :mad:

True Hyper Sonic

I get the feeling I'm going to need to reconstruct the hack from scratch. There are too many glitches I'm encountering that aren't present in others' playthroughs. And I had finally gotten the Phazon Beam, too.  :evilno: :mad:

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 10, 2021, 06:39:54 PM
I get the feeling I'm going to need to reconstruct the hack from scratch. There are too many glitches I'm encountering that aren't present in others' playthroughs. And I had finally gotten the Phazon Beam, too.  :evilno: :mad:

What emulator are you using? I use ZSNES FuSoYa 8MB, and the game works fine.

True Hyper Sonic

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 11, 2021, 11:10:15 AM

I use SNES9x, and the majority of hacks I play work fine. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I can't find the door to Valkyrie, the Bomb Boss doesn't spawn, and there's an extra door that appears in TF that doesn't go anywhere. (You try to go through, but the wall stops you) It feels like it spawned in the wrong place, and probably should have been the Valkyrie Door, but is now useless.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 11, 2021, 03:52:46 PM

I use SNES9x, and the majority of hacks I play work fine. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I can't find the door to Valkyrie, the Bomb Boss doesn't spawn, and there's an extra door that appears in TF that doesn't go anywhere. (You try to go through, but the wall stops you) It feels like it spawned in the wrong place, and probably should have been the Valkyrie Door, but is now useless.

You probably cannot find the door to Valkyrie XI because the map tiles leading to it wrap behind other map tiles, making it appear that the door leading to it leads to a room you've already been to. In other words, you are likely relying too much on the in-game map.

True Hyper Sonic

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 11, 2021, 09:21:28 PM
Quote from: True Hyper Sonic on December 11, 2021, 03:52:46 PM

You probably cannot find the door to Valkyrie XI because the map tiles leading to it wrap behind other map tiles, making it appear that the door leading to it leads to a room you've already been to. In other words, you are likely relying too much on the in-game map.
Can you show me where it is, then? What I'm supposed to do to get there? Is there a YT video that shows how to find it?
Edit: Never mind. I found it. What a sneaky place to put that! I'd passed through that area several times without even noticing! Well, now I beat the game. Fighting the Phazoid clones of Draygon & Ridley was a surprise. They barely were recognizable.

True Hyper Sonic

Playing File/World 2, (Light/Dark Phaaze) I have discovered more potential problems.There are a few minibosses who are not spawning, and I keep getting softlocked in their rooms. Quick questions: Does the Chozo Statue reskin only appear in the Light World? Because I don't have the Purple frequency yet, and entering in the Dark World using the Green frequency results in a softlock. Conversely, the snake thing (I forget the name) is not appearing in the Light World, and I have yet to try to enter its room in the Dark World. Are bosses supposed to only appear in one World, or can they appear in both?

File/World 3 doesn't even load past the intro cutscene explaining the timeline. It just sits as a black screen of boredom.

DramaticMarquinh0svi

Im playing through the hack on the new second universe and i beat kraid but the door to get to the Super Missile and the energy tank is gliched and i can't go through it,what do i do?

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: DramaticMarquinh0svi on March 06, 2022, 06:34:24 PM
Im playing through the hack on the new second universe and i beat kraid but the door to get to the Super Missile and the energy tank is gliched and i can't go through it,what do i do?

What emulator are you using? ZSNES FuSoYa is recommended by me.

DramaticMarquinh0svi

Using BSNES HD Beta 10.6
Also was playing with Widescreen patch