News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambureon

Quote from: mccad on May 26, 2020, 01:09:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken that's the way item percentages are calculated in the vanilla game

Well, then, first of all, apologies to M1CR0H4CK3R for the... outburst. Second of all, what were the original devs thinking that is so god damn convoluted you already have 100 items in the game just make them each increment the count by 1 what augh

LestatV3

I don't think i've seen this reported and it's a pretty small thing, but here we go

In light word there's a faded out Health Station at this spot, but in Dark World theres nothing here.

I'm absolutely loving 0.4's second universe!
It's so much fun to explore and try to figure out where to go!

MetroidPlayer

It's a really good hack although it's got some challenge that packs the punch and a couple of tanks in exchange :lol: , and the changes added in contrast to 0.3 makes it look slightly outdated. I'll get those pesky Phazon particles later, I feel kinda burned out.

Also, adding minor movement tweaks like removing the Space Jump counter, or adding Respin, would've made this hack slightly better, but whatever, I'm not really into hex editing/programming code for that (if it even involves it), just to preserve the original feeling of the hack.

Anyways, it was a wild experience  :grin: <3

LestatV3

I absolutely love the vision behind this romhack.

I like how the beams all serve a purpose and are not just direct upgrades, but that makes so we change beam upgrades more frequently. Unfortunately the slow fades when pressing start get annoying quickly, so I hope there is a way to mitigate that in the future.

I just spend a couple hours on Universe 2 trying to find what to do next and now I just found and fought Phantoom! Progression!!
The areas start growing on you as you play through them, and they certainly feel unique.

I'm off to exploring! And thus continues my playthrough :grin:

LestatV3

I'm stuck. I used the power bomb to break the tube, but when coming back the tube respawned and I can't break it from the outside.
This is Dark World, so the top exit to this room is block by a transparent door (which to my understanding I need to be in the other world for it to work).
The room to the right has floaty blue "koffings", and the next room is a dead end with a super missile upgrade.

This is what I get for abusing save states, getting cocky and not saving frequently  :pale:

A criticism: I'd make the door to the Torizo fight a Phazon Missile door instead. I went in fairly underarmed and had a bad time. I didn't have Phazon Missiles and was down 4 or 5 E-Tanks (iirc) from the picture above. But if it was intended to be a death trap, then it's working according to plan :lol:

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: LestatV3 on July 31, 2020, 10:34:48 PM
I'm stuck. I used the power bomb to break the tube, but when coming back the tube respawned and I can't break it from the outside.
This is Dark World, so the top exit to this room is block by a transparent door (which to my understanding I need to be in the other world for it to work).
The room to the right has floaty blue "koffings", and the next room is a dead end with a super missile upgrade.

This is what I get for abusing save states, getting cocky and not saving frequently  :pale:

You need to break the Light World version before the Dark World version. Otherwise its a permastuck.
Edit: I assume that you saved state, broke the Light World tube, found the blocked door, then loaded state and went to the Dark World tube and broke it.

LestatV3

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on August 01, 2020, 08:31:02 AM
You need to break the Light World version before the Dark World version. Otherwise its a permastuck.
Edit: I assume that you saved state, broke the Light World tube, found the blocked door, then loaded state and went to the Dark World tube and broke it.

Dang... I wasn't able (I think) to come there in the light world yet.
About the edit: No. I never went there in the light world. I entered it from the Dark World sewers.

Thanks for replying!

Edit: I was able to load a previous state. I managed to go there in the light world and broke the tube, but unfortunately I couldn't explore more without the gravity suit. On my way back I managed to find the light beam tho, and somehow the sprites became quite glitchy, with their positioning wrong and stuff. It went away after saving and loading the game.

andronicus87

Was playing through 0.3 and accidentally did not get the red phazon suit before I killed Phantoon. When I finally got back to where red phazon suit is after hell running through both phazon mines parts the suit was not there. I went back up to Crag Solus and got the blue suit. But I cannot get 100% I am starting all over lol. I have OCD. Been a very fun hack though. I decided to play it blind and not use any guides or videos and I paid the price for that lol. This is the only gripe I have about the hack so far. If the suit had still been there when I came back around to it it wouldn't have bothered me at all.

DonnyDonovan

My very first playthrough many years ago, when it was still probably .1, I completely missed red phazon my first time playing the game.  It definitely makes the going a lot harder.

Tower

kinda late to the whole thing so can someone explain to me what are the differences in 0.1 0.2 0.3 and 0.4?
Also where to get 0.4???

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Tower on August 28, 2020, 07:18:57 AM
kinda late to the whole thing so can someone explain to me what are the differences in 0.1 0.2 0.3 and 0.4?
Also where to get 0.4???

0.4 can be found in this post:
https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,390.msg66547.html#msg66547

andronicus87

Playing .4 now and the game keeps locking up in the same room. The one before  you get the Morph ball where you have to use the speed booster to get some phazon missiles. I just awakened the volcano and I am coming through here for the first time. The door in the room with robots behind me locked and I cannot go back and screw around elsewhere to try to get the game to not lock. Wish I knew why it kept locking. So I am stuck right before getting morph ball. Didn't encounter anything like this in .3.  I think I added the .4 patches to SM and not to .3  should I have used .3 instead of SM or would that even matter?

metalridley6

Man, as much i adore MP, there are some criticisms from my part relating the newest ver (4.0)

No°1: The new doors, new doors look ridiculous, not only design wise but mechanic wise. First, you have the purple door with a ring where you need 15 MISSILES to open it, sure, you have pink doors in redesign that requires 25 missiles, but they were rare (as far i remember), now in this game, there are prpl doors EVERYWHERE! It's not only tiring but also absurd ammo-wasting.

Other doors had tolerable mechs, but they were still odd, for example, i had a hard time differentiating 2 missile doors from red doors from dark beam doors, if it weren't for the minor details i would easily mistake them. There are door pallete glitches in dark world, also.

No°2: Downgraded lower phazon mines, it's safe to say the fungal jungle in lower PM was my fav place in 3.0 (eastern water caverns in sewers coming second), the fluorescent vegetation, the wacky, dark blue background, the awesome chozo-phazon temple with phazon-fuelled enemies... unfortunately for me, all of those were gone downhill in 4.0, now you have a ugly,poorly photo-shopped, ordinary fungal tree as the entrance's background, and the badass temple area was replaced by an generic underground lab, and the enemies now are just re-editions of tetrafuse enemies  :cry: :cry:

Anyway, sorry if the comment got too long, these are my 100% sincere opinions on the new version, don't take it personal tho, it's just my opinion...

Btw, my first post :yay: sorry if i've broken any rule within this comment, i'm really new to the forums...

wiiztec

Since when did this hack have a light world/dark word feature? The last version I played called tetrafuse powerplant, and the last version I've seen added a chozo temple area next to the phazon mines. has the map really doubled in size since then?

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: metalridley6 on October 30, 2020, 11:03:55 PM
Man, as much i adore MP, there are some criticisms from my part relating the newest ver (4.0)

No°1: The new doors, new doors look ridiculous, not only design wise but mechanic wise. First, you have the purple door with a ring where you need 15 MISSILES to open it, sure, you have pink doors in redesign that requires 25 missiles, but they were rare (as far i remember), now in this game, there are prpl doors EVERYWHERE! It's not only tiring but also absurd ammo-wasting.

Other doors had tolerable mechs, but they were still odd, for example, i had a hard time differentiating 2 missile doors from red doors from dark beam doors, if it weren't for the minor details i would easily mistake them. There are door pallete glitches in dark world, also.

No°2: Downgraded lower phazon mines, it's safe to say the fungal jungle in lower PM was my fav place in 3.0 (eastern water caverns in sewers coming second), the fluorescent vegetation, the wacky, dark blue background, the awesome chozo-phazon temple with phazon-fuelled enemies... unfortunately for me, all of those were gone downhill in 4.0, now you have a ugly,poorly photo-shopped, ordinary fungal tree as the entrance's background, and the badass temple area was replaced by an generic underground lab, and the enemies now are just re-editions of tetrafuse enemies  :cry: :cry:

Anyway, sorry if the comment got too long, these are my 100% sincere opinions on the new version, don't take it personal tho, it's just my opinion...

Btw, my first post :yay: sorry if i've broken any rule within this comment, i'm really new to the forums...
Don't worry, i don't think you broke any rules.
I think this review is spot on.
[spoiler]I hate he made the MAX HP Troizo's a mandatory fight. [/spoiler]

Pethronos

Quote from: wiiztec on July 17, 2021, 12:16:58 AM
Since when did this hack have a light world/dark word feature? The last version I played called tetrafuse powerplant, and the last version I've seen added a chozo temple area next to the phazon mines. has the map really doubled in size since then?

https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,390.1050.html

There you can download 0.4

Pethronos

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on July 20, 2021, 08:16:46 AM
how come it's not on the site?

It's somewhat experimental or unstable I guess. Some users have reported diverse issues or inconveniences.

Anyway I'd love to know if RedMonkey continues evolving his work :D

DonnyDonovan

RedMonkey sightings are few and far between, but as far as is known work continues.

I personally think this hack is like a movie where the director keeps adding things and releasing new director's cuts and whatnot and it starts to go the wrong way.  It was perfect as is.  I actually think 0.2 might be the gold standard.  0.3 was pretty good although the particle search gets to be a bit much.  This most recent version I stopped at a certain fight after losing for like the 100th time despite being pretty loaded up with weapons and tanks.

wiiztec

Quote from: Pethronos on July 20, 2021, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: wiiztec on July 17, 2021, 12:16:58 AM

https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,390.1050.html

There you can download 0.4
<___< you didn't answer any of my questions

OmegaMalkior

I'm playing 0.4 and I'm only missing 3 keys but I seem to have not found the dark world yet? Starting to worry if I patched it wrong or not cuz have seen 0 ways to enter it so far

LetsPlayNintendoITA

does this map still work for 0.4 patches?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I can't open the game in Smile RF, gives out so many errors

ocesse

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on August 19, 2021, 03:11:49 PM
does this map still work for 0.4 patches?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I can't open the game in Smile RF, gives out so many errors

Here is a complete map by Ambureon
https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,390.msg67300.html#msg67300

RodBlanc

Guys please someone explain to me the difference between 0.3 and 0.4? Also Whats up with 0.1 and 0.2? Read some people saying .2 was better? Witch one should i play? Im new here and on this hack

AbysmalDream

Howdy, I'm also new here, but all the versions are just upgrades, AFAIK, the big difference between .2 and .3 is the Phazon Particle goosechase. I'm working my way through .3 right now, and completely missed the .2 train, but there are likely plenty of zips of it about on the webs.

From what I've seen, .4 has a bit of a graphical update, some more map, and various new features, as well as some differences here and there that make it seem different enough that I'm just going to finish .3 and then see about .4 in the future, or whichever newest version is out by the time I'm done. Also I have to say the particles, as big and staggering as the map is, we really could have done this with like 20 instead of 50.