News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1CR0H4CK3R

@A_red_monk_called_Key, a few rooms in the oudoor areas of Tetrafuse cliffs have PLMs that are offset vertically from their intended locations in File 2 (including the room that houses the Blue Phazon in File 2, which has mdb E940C). This results in a single Phazon Particle being not counted, even when obtained (it is in the only Tetrafuse cliffs outdoor room with water (according to ZSNES at RAM address 7E079B, this is room mdb E945D). The shot block that contains it is offset by about 10-15 blocks upward from where it normally is. The navigation room says that it is still missing, even after getting it. I have every Phazon Particle EXCEPT that one cleared in all navigation rooms, and Phazon Beam is still not activated.

Also, @danidub is a map of the second file's game being made as we speak?

FPzero

In File 2, you can freeze the game by using X-Ray Visor in the lower left warp room in Phazon Mines. I also noticed that the Speed Booster pickup has glitchy graphics in the Light World. The navigation and particle tracker rooms in the Sewers also have a bad white palette in certain walls in the Light World.

FPzero

Quote from: Scooterboot9697 on January 09, 2020, 05:38:21 PM
Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on January 09, 2020, 05:29:18 PM
I don't have Green Frequency yet.

There should've been a way to get it beforehand. So you're either just SOL, or entering the Dark World should give you a different door type (assuming the portal isn't also blocked by a green door).

Edit:
[spoiler]
I forgot to mention that the Green door unlocker is found in the same room where you'd normally get Power Bombs in file 1.
[/spoiler]
This is from a few days ago but I'm also stuck here. It's absolutely possible to get into this room without green frequency just by having access to Phazon Missiles. The portal is there, but there are no doorcap differences in either world. Entering this room without Green Frequency is a permastuck on File 2 if you accidentally save the game there.

I'm not even sure why the doorcap to leave has to be a gray one.

A_red_monk_called_Key

I fixed the door problem(should have been locked) I must have never finished the speed boot jump in the ice cave. and I removed the door block at end of demo.(Demo ends at red room save)expect glitches in file 2(its not finished)

Patch in any order.

Sirkura

I am enjoying the exploration in the second story, I can see a lot of interesting things that can come out of it once its finished, like a randomiser that mixes things up between both worlds, mixes up the frequency locations, etc.

I found a permastuck that was already mentioned by someone else i think, at the vanilla "PB" location. if you go down where those normally are there is a crumble block that locks you in. the warp station near there also  places you halfway in the ground, but you can jump back out. also in the dark world run for yellow frequency, there is potentially a softlock, as you can't get missiles from enemies to open the door. Last in the area right before that run by the warp station, there is a little refill thingy int he light world, but its completely missing in dark world. I can grab screen shots later if needed. A bit busy atm.

Schrodinger23

I'm currently playing Phazon version 0.3.  I loaded it on my SNES Mini and it works great except for one big problem.  When I hit pause and then hit R to try to look at or switch on/off some of Samus' equipment, the game locks up.  It is pretty consistent.  I just get a black screen. 

Has anyone had this issue happen?

Do any of the new versions fix this issue?

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Quote from: Schrodinger23 on January 20, 2020, 04:42:10 PM
I'm currently playing Phazon version 0.3.  I loaded it on my SNES Mini and it works great except for one big problem.  When I hit pause and then hit R to try to look at or switch on/off some of Samus' equipment, the game locks up.  It is pretty consistent.  I just get a black screen. 

012B48 to C2 fixes the equipment screen freeze bug...

Schrodinger23

Quote from: PHOSPHOTiDYL on January 20, 2020, 10:41:39 PM
Quote from: Schrodinger23 on January 20, 2020, 04:42:10 PM

012B48 to C2 fixes the equipment screen freeze bug...

I don't understand what this means.  Sorry, I only have knowledge of how to patch the smc files and load them onto the SNES Mini using Hakchi.  Can you explain a little more what this means to someone with very limited understanding of things? 

Quietus

Download a hex editor such as HxD.

Open HxD, then open your patched ROM in it.
Check in the bottom right-hand corner. If it says 'Insert', double-click it to change it to 'Overwrite'. If it's already 'Overwrite', you're fine.
Press Ctrl + G to open the 'Go to...' box, and enter the offset mentioned above - 012B48, and click 'OK'.
Type over the two digits the cursor is on with the digits mentioned above - C2.
Save the changes, and test your ROM.

Voila! You've just completed your zero mission into hex editing. :cool:

Schrodinger23

Quote from: Quietus on January 21, 2020, 03:01:01 PM
Download a hex editor such as HxD.

Open HxD, then open your patched ROM in it.
Check in the bottom right-hand corner. If it says 'Insert', double-click it to change it to 'Overwrite'. If it's already 'Overwrite', you're fine.
Press Ctrl + G to open the 'Go to...' box, and enter the offset mentioned above - 012B48, and click 'OK'.
Type over the two digits the cursor is on with the digits mentioned above - C2.
Save the changes, and test your ROM.

Voila! You've just completed your zero mission into hex editing. :cool:

Awesome.  Thanks Quietus and PHOSPHOTiDYL!  This fixed the problem.  I also learned some very very basic hex editing too.  :) 

Unfortunately, I lost my progress on the game, since I had to replace the game using this slightly altered game, using Hakchi.  Before I start it again, I wanted to check if there are any other bugs or glitches that I need to fix with version 0.3. 

DonnyDonovan

Is there an optimal beam combination out of echo/spazer/dark to use against the Torizo in the mines area?  Charged shots?  Uncharged shots?  Missiles?  I seem to be having trouble beating him despite not recalling having any such trouble in prior versions.  Thanks!

Edit:  Never mind I finally beat him.

cynicalCosmozoan

I'm actually stuck at that same Torizo boss in the mines (on file 1, Version 0.4) so I decided to jump into file 2 to experience it.

Interesting so far, got pass the Spore Spawn robot, but now I'm stuck since I'm in the dark world without missiles at the large cavern with the save point. The path forward is blocked by a missile door, and even though the corridor is full of enemies that I keep shooting I never seem to get any missile drops (since my health is constantly going down, I keep getting health points). Even going back to other areas to fight enemies I'm not getting any missile drops, just health (again because of my constantly draining health).

DonnyDonovan

OK the bosses in this game have generally been fine but what gives with the Torizo fights?  I am fighting the double white torizos in the area near the green door switch and I have hit them with everything I've got.  I have like 10 full tanks and a couple of reserves.  I have screw attack to dodge a lot of what they're throwing at me.   And they just.  won't.  die.   Am I missing something? 

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on February 04, 2020, 09:30:08 PM
OK the bosses in this game have generally been fine but what gives with the Torizo fights?  I am fighting the double white torizos in the area near the green door switch and I have hit them with everything I've got.  I have like 10 full tanks and a couple of reserves.  I have screw attack to dodge a lot of what they're throwing at me.   And they just.  won't.  die.   Am I missing something?

No, they just take a lot of abuse.

DonnyDonovan

Well then this is probably the end of my journey through this latest version of the game because this is just obnoxious.  I've hit them with like 100 charged light/echo shots and 30 super missiles and they just keep on ticking.  F**k this.

2cents

So I'm going back and playing through Phazon hack (0.3) again, and I'm having an issue. The large red pirate that you fight in omnium drift keeps crashing my game. It's o n l y when he does his jump back animation. I thought it might be because of the physics change mod I used, but I tried it in a fresh rom, and he still crashes my game. Is there already a way to fix this or do I just need to keep trying?
Edit: Figured out the problem. It was an issue with the savestate. For some reason, the point that I made it caused an error that prevented the rinkas in that boss arena from spawning, so anytime they tried to, it would crash. clearing the cache, getting a fresh rom, and loading from file instead of state fixed the issue.

Tower

Can somebody explain to me what difference is between 0.3 and 0.4?
Also where to get versions 0.1 and 0.2?

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: 2cents on March 16, 2020, 05:07:14 AM
So I'm going back and playing through Phazon hack (0.3) again, and I'm having an issue. The large red pirate that you fight in omnium drift keeps crashing my game. It's o n l y when he does his jump back animation. I thought it might be because of the physics change mod I used, but I tried it in a fresh rom, and he still crashes my game. Is there already a way to fix this or do I just need to keep trying?
Edit: Figured out the problem. It was an issue with the savestate. For some reason, the point that I made it caused an error that prevented the rinkas in that boss arena from spawning, so anytime they tried to, it would crash. clearing the cache, getting a fresh rom, and loading from file instead of state fixed the issue.

You know there's a 0.4 of this game, right?

DonnyDonovan

I think it's actually .35.  .4 isn't out yet.

lgdz

Is it possible to patch Project Base controls into this hack?

Tomtroid

Quote from: lgdz on April 27, 2020, 05:30:44 PM
Is it possible to patch Project Base controls into this hack?

You can try doing that, but I don't think that's feasible. If patching Project Base's control into the hack causes conflicts, then it's best not to try it anyway.

Ambureon

Took some work, and a surrogate ROM file, but I managed to extract complete maps for 0.4
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Then I decided to make it a full item map, marking down all the upgrades, but I've run into a little problem: Despite having a full arsenal, 14 E-Tanks, 4 Reserves, and ammo totals of 230/50/50, plus 50 Phazon Particles and the Phazon Beam, my final completion percentage remains at 98%. What could I be missing?

Here's the currently incomplete item map, in any case.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Ambureon on May 26, 2020, 09:24:37 AM
Took some work, and a surrogate ROM file, but I managed to extract complete maps for 0.4
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Then I decided to make it a full item map, marking down all the upgrades, but I've run into a little problem: Despite having a full arsenal, 14 E-Tanks, 4 Reserves, and ammo totals of 230/50/50, plus 50 Phazon Particles and the Phazon Beam, my final completion percentage remains at 98%. What could I be missing?

Here's the currently incomplete item map, in any case.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is likely because A_red_monk_called_Key accidentally made Reserve Tanks provide 64 (decimal) Energy instead of 0x64 (hex; 100 decimal) Energy, and the game is calculating percentage based on 100 (decimal) energy. Either that, or you're missing Phazon Particles. Did you have [spoiler]Hyper Beam[/spoiler] before going to Valkyrie XI?

Ambureon

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on May 26, 2020, 11:33:59 AM
This is likely because [...] the game is calculating percentage based on 100 (decimal) energy

...what the fuck are you talking about? Why would anyone so fundamentally change the way item percentage was calculated? Why would that ever be the way that it works?

Either that, or you're missing Phazon Particles.

I already said I had collected all 50, and had received the reward for doing so.

mccad

Quote from: Ambureon on May 26, 2020, 12:21:18 PM
This is likely because [...] the game is calculating percentage based on 100 (decimal) energy

...what the fuck are you talking about? Why would anyone so fundamentally change the way item percentage was calculated? Why would that ever be the way that it works?

Either that, or you're missing Phazon Particles.

I already said I had collected all 50, and had received the reward for doing so.

If I'm not mistaken that's the way item percentages are calculated in the vanilla game, it's just that reserves and energy tanks provide 64h (100) health each