News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbohotdogs100

i personally can't wait for an update to the hack, this is my all time favorite and i've played too many to remember the base game anymore. if i could, i wouldn't hesitate to donate to this just because i feel some genuine reward is deserved for working on something this cool

altoiddealer

So nice to see an update on this project, I'm very excited to play anything released by you Monkey!!  :bounce:

GaRan

Hoandizi's TAS of this hack, version 0.3  :^_^:
[spoiler]https://youtu.be/y7Jdi1epru4[/spoiler]

MetroidX

DonnyDonovan

No one knows.   Red Monkey sightings are few and far between.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Alternate M Ep. Phazon 0.4 will posted at romhacking.net
Sorry its too big too post here.

FPzero

Wait, are you saying Phazon 0.4 is done now or almost finished?

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: FPzero on December 27, 2019, 04:54:18 PM
Wait, are you saying Phazon 0.4 is done now or almost finished?
Im going to guess it will be out pretty soon. At least hoping so! Hype levels are really high.

M1CR0H4CK3R

The thread title has been changed, so I assume it has already been uploaded, and is awaiting approval at RHDN.
A_red_monk_called_Key, am I right?

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on December 27, 2019, 11:57:59 AM
Alternate M Ep. Phazon 0.4 will posted at romhacking.net
Sorry its too big too post here.

Ambureon

what a way to end the decade lads
[spoiler=dumbass meme][/spoiler]

altoiddealer

^ lol

Congrats Monkey on finishing 0.4, looking forward to it.

I haven't played any video game at all in months, and this new hack version is going to reel me back in

A_red_monk_called_Key

sorry the hack didn't post for some reason. SM Ph 0.4 is 140% complete (done at 300%)
It will be complete after new boss and music(not any time soon)
SM Ph 0.5 will be 200% complete

game 1 is original reality.
game 2 is dark world reality(DEMO).
game 3 is story only.

[Patch order not important]

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on January 04, 2020, 11:12:52 AM
sorry the hack didn't post for some reason. SM Ph 0.4 is 140% complete (done at 300%)

game 3 is story only.

I was really excited to see this and immediatly downloaded it. I can't seem to get it to run even when patching to a clean rom of Super Metroid, running on the latest version of SNES9X.

I never have trouble with this kind of stuff but could someone help me out? The title screen is filled with garbage and so is the text in the face shot cutscene when starting a new save then it dies.

Multi-Man

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on January 04, 2020, 12:58:59 PM

game 3 is story only.

I was really excited to see this and immediatly downloaded it. I can't seem to get it to run even when patching to a clean rom of Super Metroid, running on the latest version of SNES9X.

I never have trouble with this kind of stuff but could someone help me out? The title screen is filled with garbage and so is the text in the face shot cutscene when starting a new save then it dies.

I believe you should patch both IPS files in one ROM.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Multi-Man on January 04, 2020, 01:00:19 PM
Quote from: Steel Sparkle on January 04, 2020, 12:58:59 PM

game 3 is story only.

I believe you should patch both IPS files in one ROM.
thank you!

Edit: I came across a bug, Reserve tanks seem to kill the game. Came across the first one and nabbing it crashes the game, thank goodness for rewinds.

piush

I had the same thing happen. Game crashes after getting the first reserve tank.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Found a permastuck. I wandered into this room with 0 missiles, and the enemies in the room couldn't provide enough to open the multi-missile door to get Speed Booster.

Edit: Oops, forgot the screenshot:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Edit 2: I'm gonna cheat for missiles this time, but a missile recharge station should be added down there in an update.

Edit 3: Aaaaand I was trying to open the wrong door. Still, it IS a permastuck.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: piush on January 05, 2020, 02:13:00 AM
It sadly happens with all of them, so getting 100% as of now isn't possible.

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Just wondering if the red doors are supposed to be tricky to open..

Ambureon

Quote from: PHOSPHOTiDYL on January 05, 2020, 10:24:20 AM

That tripped me up for a good while too. I'll keep the explanation under a spoiler, in case someone wants to figure everything out on their own.

[spoiler=explanation]There are two kinds of doors, with their own colour system, some of which overlap. Doors with a flat metal "plate" in front are your usual missile/super/power-bomb doors -- plus purple Redesign doors that take a whole bunch of missiles. And then those without that plate are beam doors, requiring different beam upgrades to open.[/spoiler]

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on January 05, 2020, 07:38:54 AM
Quote from: piush on January 05, 2020, 02:13:00 AM
It sadly happens with all of them, so getting 100% as of now isn't possible.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh22bco1e1o#[/spoiler]

I recorded the issue. Red Monkey, fix yo sheit. Thank you.

Quote from: PHOSPHOTiDYL on January 05, 2020, 10:24:20 AM

Look for a 'blast shield' on the door. If one isn't present, you'll need the Red Frequency to open the door. [spoiler]All Red Frequency doors lead to the Warp Zone, and the Red Frequency itself is in the Warp Zone, along with High Jump, and Phazon Missiles are required to get there. The first Phazon Missile is in Tetrafuse.[/spoiler].

PHOSPHOTiDYL beat me to it while I was proofreading my message in preview.

piush

I had noticed when starting a new game that the 3 save slots had different names on them. I started a new game and selected the second slot to save in. The game plays out in a different way than using the first slot. There is a warp point between dark and light areas and the items are in a different order. Is this the area that red_monkey describes in his post as the demo area?

FPzero

I played a little bit of that save file but it appears to be the second "game" he mentioned. Almost like a second quest type of thing.

PHOSPHOTiDYL

So I found a fix for the reserve tank crash.
Bytez @ 2099F should be A9 19 00 22 80 80 85.

Doesn't crash, shows the rite message, don't know if it breaks something else, let's hope it gets patched officially.

piush

I am playing Phazon hack 0.4 original reality. I am using snes9x 1.54. After obtaining the [spoiler]light beam[/spoiler] the door caps and graphics are messed up and some doors will not open. It is happening everywhere for me. Here are some screenshots.  Has anyone else experienced this happening? https://imgur.com/a/UiHPzET   https://imgur.com/a/ncRl4TH