News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weterr123

Quote from: Shadow96 on September 18, 2012, 05:22:17 PM
I've played 0.3 in zsnes, snes9x, various android emulaters, and the psp version of snes9x, and I've never come accross this problem.

I playing through hacks on snes9x 0.4.2TYL for PSP, I too never had this problem on 0.3

Weterr123

Quote from: Zhs2 on September 18, 2012, 07:15:37 PM
Quote from: snipereighteen
I'm not sure if this has been mention, but how about the crash when you access the status screen? When I played 0.3, I wanted to see the status screen for myself because it's frickin' awesome!  :^_^:

This got fixed a while ago. Download the patch again.

EDIT: I cleaned up the PSP posts into the new thread.

I saw, it confused the hell outta me!!  :lol:

RPG Hacker

Alright. I just PMed you the newest version of the map bugfixes. Those should do.

daldec

Hello there, I am new and I loved this hack... please answer me, can you change the sprites of dark samus (phazon suit) to the original dark samus sprites (it would be only the colors, to be more like the one in metroid prime, the black with blue one) it is only a suggest, or if I can do it, how? Hope you can help me and congratulations for this awesome hack. Thanks in advance.

lgdz

Get further into the game before you suggest stuff like that. The last armor upgrade you get makes Dark Samus look like Dark Samus from MP2.

This Dark Samus is the one from the end of MP1. This game shows her transition from that Phazon suit-ish form to the one you see in MP2.

Quote58

/loved/. Passed tense. as in finished the game.
I'm not sure that's what he was referring to. so to clarify, daldec, which suit upgrade are you referring to in sm phazon, and which in prime?

daldec

I think lgdz is right, I was referring to this one: http://metroid.neoseeker.com/w/i/metroid/4/4a/DarkSamus.JPG but if this is a canon upgrade of dark samus then I am happy with this suit. I thought dark samus was always like that and the one we control in this hack was the phazon suit from samus aran.
PS: Can someone tell me how can I modify the game to alter all the sprites (suits) of dark samus to look all of the like the last one you get? The dark samus from MP2? Thanks in advance.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i locked the ROM. if you want to change the suit open new ROM in SMILE make changes then copy the data in a hex editor.

RPG Hacker

If it's just the graphics you could also give tile editors like YY-CHR a try. However, if the graphics in the ROM are compressed it won't work. Also YY-CHR won't let you edit the ingame palettes. Only the graphics themselves.

Quietus

Samus's graphics aren't compressed in the ROM.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i forgot to add animation data and this glitch gave me an idea for a dirty trick
[spoiler]GLITCH[/spoiler]

i had to use the CRE for the door so it has less animations then i wanted, but is faster that the other idea.
[spoiler]BLACK DOOR[/spoiler]

EDIT:it will take a little longer. i came up with two end game rewards, one for all phazon particles, and one for 101% items

EDIT2:just fixed the grapple door my first try lead too a cool trick to open the door, and i'm going to leave it in(still need grapple to open)

lgdz

Will the color of the door change to tell it apart from a regular door?

A_red_monk_called_Key

its magenta.

Edit:Sorry 0.4 is going to take longer to finish, but worth the Waite. i'm not going to give any more information an the additions except that a SM phazon 0.3 save file wont work with SM PH 0.4 and the additions are vary large and hidden(Phazon Particle related)

Edit2:Only redmokie and two other clowns know what wonders await inside.
GREEN DOOR

MetroidMst

That is... weird. I do not know what to expect from this. It does provide me with some ideas, but, I am going to wait and see how things are implemented in 0.4 before going any further.

passarbye

i would have expected the door to collapse inward rather than outward, but interesting idea otherwise!

MINERGUY67880

Can someone give me a pre-patched ROM with phazon hack 0.3? I got my ROM from doperoms.com and some rooms look like the blocks have no textures. My emulator is snes9x version 1.53.

Derakon

Nope, because we don't distribute ROMs here.

Quietus

What he said.  We can't offer links or anything either.

What I can tell you is that you need a clean ROM, which should normally be "Super Metroid (JU) [!]", and you'll need to check its size.  3,073KB is headered, and 3,072 is not.  All hacks work with one or the other.  Try the one without a header first, as 99% of hacks use it.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i added JAM's repoint PLM's patch and i'm almost done cleaning bank $8F, i have tons of free space and plans to add a 2nd quest in 0.4. so i will release SM Phazon 0.3.5 soon. (it will just have the glitch fixes)

i will work on SM Phazon 0.4 a little each day i have available and release it some time spring(hopefully). Reason being that i just add a new feature to MPE and i lost many hours air guitaring in excitement and only repointed 2 rooms yesterday(no plans to show MPE ingame content until final testing starts).

Digital_Mantra

I've already played 2 versions. Tell you what, I'll give it another go when it's actually done.

A_red_monk_called_Key

most of bank $8F is is an ASM. and i still have to do rooms and GFX sets.  and the Story is now part of MPE Episode 5. hopefully i will have enough time to finish it by the end of this summer. i want to release it at the same time as my new hack (Alternate M episode Zebes(MPE Ep.5))

Riffman81

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on November 16, 2012, 09:54:03 PM
I've already played 2 versions. Tell you what, I'll give it another go when it's actually done.

Same here. Really can't wait to see this one get a final release :^_^:

VideoGeemer

This may just be me, put personally, I prefer the feel of 0.2 over 0.3. Sure, 0.3 had that really awesome digital font and icons at the top of the screen, etc.), but the feel of the game in general is a little different (area names, lessened sense of atmosphere, little things like doors...).

I actually made a version for myself which is 0.2 but with some of the things font-wise from 0.3 (digital numbers, a couple things in the menu) and a "fixed" metroid death sequence. I call it 0.2X, for lack of anything better coming to mind. Now, if I could just get that broken glass save station, hehe.

Still, of course, curious about what will be in 0.4, since Phazon remains my overall favorite SM hack. :)