News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

afaik, map issues are always fixable. There's just a certain bitflag you put on doors adjacent to other areas.

However, can't give that a 100% certainty. Phazon Hack is quite the overhaul, so I can't be sure if something
got overwritten in that department, however much I doubt it..

If Red-M0nk3y can create a hack as astounding as this, I'd think he'd know about a map issue fix... right?

bot01

please someone fix the map, i want go trough this adventure

Steyiak

It wouldn't be so annoying if the levels were not so confusing. This is by far the most confusing hack I have played and it has a map which you cannot trust which adds to the confusion.

bot01

please fix the map  :cry:

DonnyDonovan

Half the new posts in this thread are just people bitching about the map.  Draw your own map, suck it up, and appreciate what this wonderful hack has to offer.  I'm sure Red Monkey knows about it and would fix it were it that easy.  Whiners.

Steyiak

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on May 21, 2011, 11:38:46 AM
Half the new posts in this thread are just people bitching about the map.  Draw your own map, suck it up, and appreciate what this wonderful hack has to offer.  I'm sure Red Monkey knows about it and would fix it were it that easy.  Whiners.

Well, I do appreciate his hard work on this hack and I like it really much. If it was a bad-average hack, I would abandom it without a second though because of the map, but I kept coming back over and over to figure out where I have to go. Reading a 12 page thread is very boring, plus some people (thankfully few) post spoilers in hack threads and I didn't want to see any. Also, I didn't "b*tch" him as you say and sorry if it seemed like it. I just pointed out a big bug that is in this hack in case he didn't know.

Zhs2

Quote from: DonnyDonovan
I'm sure Red Monkey knows about it and would fix it were it that easy.
There have been patches to fix it before. Even if Red Monkey knows, he's not made an effort to incorporate the fixes! I'm sure there's even posts on previous pages with advice on fixing it as well. I believe this was promised in 0.3, though, from reading his past input...

bot01

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 21, 2011, 07:19:56 PM
Quote from: DonnyDonovan
I'm sure Red Monkey knows about it and would fix it were it that easy.
There have been patches to fix it before. Even if Red Monkey knows, he's not made an effort to incorporate the fixes! I'm sure there's even posts on previous pages with advice on fixing it as well. I believe this was promised in 0.3, though, from reading his past input...
wait a sec, theres a patch to fix the map issue? if there any, where i can find it??

Zhs2

This was for an older version of this hack. I believe it was The Purple Helmet who put it together, and is somewhere earlier in this topic.

DonnyDonovan

I just played through the most recent version of this, and I must say, some of the changes make it even better than I remembered from a year or so ago.  The Ridley fight in particular is great.  You MUST use some strategy and balance offense and defense.  You MUST space jump well and use the center of the screen properly (if you've played it you know what I mean).  In virtually every other Ridley fight in the hackosphere, I simply go in as equipped as can be, find the best place to stand, unload everything I have into him and hope I outlast him.  That will NOT work here, and that's a refreshing change.

A properly functioning map (yes I gave people crap about complaining but it still would be nice, even I admit that) would make this, bar none, the best full hack in existence IMO.

Balchmorn

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on May 26, 2011, 01:53:37 PM
I just played through the most recent version of this, and I must say, some of the changes make it even better than I remembered from a year or so ago.  The Ridley fight in particular is great.  You MUST use some strategy and balance offense and defense.  You MUST space jump well and use the center of the screen properly (if you've played it you know what I mean).  In virtually every other Ridley fight in the hackosphere, I simply go in as equipped as can be, find the best place to stand, unload everything I have into him and hope I outlast him.  That will NOT work here, and that's a refreshing change

yeah thats true, but i have a trick that will totally rip him apart in less than 4 minutes, my tests show that compared to original SM, murder beam is far more powerful in this version due to beam upgrades damage improvements, in my low % speed run, i managed to make it to 18% in 1:30, i was fighting last 2 bosses i was out of missiles and supers due to only picking up single expanision each, so i opted for murder beam expecting long fight, but to my suprise it lasted extremely short times and i was able to launch multiple murder beams for max damage while dodging them and firing regular spazer + wave beam spamming at them killed them very very fast

Quietus

If anybody's interested, a TAS has just been submitted for this.  I'm not sure which version of the hack was used, so there may be minor differences.  The clear time is 21:46.25.

Balchmorn

man wow, that TAS was insane, i was stunned to see that first half was almost exactly same as my low % speed run, and like me, the TASer ended up same % of item collected, after i was done watching, i was like.....what? thats freakin fast! felt like it was 2 minute long video lol. now all we need is 100% TAS then we are golden. Props to TASer by using xray abuse in water to use double shinespark for early power bombs. thats something i didnt know it was possible, might have some uses in original i wonder.....

A_red_monk_called_Key

I made a new page for SM Parasite Echo

X-tradyte

Yeah, and it's fucking SWEET! I wish I had that talent of the arm, to do graphics..

JAM

Red-M0nk3y
Will there ever be a fixed version of this hack? With correct map, at least

VideoGeemer

Quote from: Steyiak on May 11, 2011, 12:53:26 PM
It wouldn't be so annoying if the levels were not so confusing. This is by far the most confusing hack I have played and it has a map which you cannot trust which adds to the confusion.

My guess is you haven't played a lot of hacks out there, if this is the most confusing one you've played, hehe.

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 23, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
This was for an older version of this hack. I believe it was The Purple Helmet who put it together, and is somewhere earlier in this topic.

All I see is a room fix (which itself was fixed by another user later), not an actual map fix. Hopefully we'll get one, but I still love this hack. I've been away for a bit, and haven't even been able to check out 0.2 yet. Hopefully that'll change soon...

...And fuck. Adfly keeps messing up my reply attempts. How much money would it take to get rid of Adfly, or at least replace it with something else? I'll bet if we all sent in, say, $2.00, we'd have enough to run the site for a while. Hosting should be around $10 a month or so...

VG

Zhs2

Quote from: VideoGeemerAll I see is a room fix (which itself was fixed by another user later), not an actual map fix. Hopefully we'll get one, but I still love this hack. I've been away for a bit, and haven't even been able to check out 0.2 yet. Hopefully that'll change soon...
Huh, I thought it was a map fix. I know several people in here have given advice to Red on how to fix the problem, but he's ignored all of it...?

Quote from: VideoGeemer...And fuck. Adfly keeps messing up my reply attempts. How much money would it take to get rid of Adfly, or at least replace it with something else? I'll bet if we all sent in, say, $2.00, we'd have enough to run the site for a while. Hosting should be around $10 a month or so...
Stop using Internet Explorer. :colonrightv:

A_red_monk_called_Key

sorry about the map i have tryed many things to fix it but the map glitch is still above me, i'll take some time off of PE to up the GFX on this hack. if someone could take a shot at the map or tell me what to do i'll try to fix it. i've moved the hub ship, and removed the problem rooms i've even tryed a couple of patches and still no change. i was new to any type of hacking in 2008 and i'm getting better every day. also my skills of transferring graphix from photoshop to TLP are getting better and better every day heres an improvement to show example of what to expect in the future as i'm taking the time to redo the graphics and add more enemies for SM Ph 0.3

i also plain on moveing more unwanted GFX from my other hack to the phazon hack. In all honesty this hack is kind of a mess and a pain to work on. i'll have to clean up the rom before i can add any GFX so it may take some time

SM phazon hack will change with Parasite Echo as each hill is crossed. More rooms and enemies will be added none of which should slow down a speed run.  i wouldn't expect to see 0.3 until next year.

also some day if anyone is interested i would like it if some one could make a hard mode after i finsh SM Phazon Hack 0.3 Super Metroid Phazon
(when hack comes out of the title)

A_red_monk_called_Key

heres a preview of some of the new stuff it SM Ph 0.3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blUOet_kpmA

the map is now fix. JAM i can not thank you enough for your advice you restored my confidence in this hack. i'm taking a brake from SM PE and cleaning this Rom and adding all new GFX that are not PE recyclables.

NOTE: to other game moders (ALL EMEMY SPRITS FROM [SM] PHAZON 0.2 ARE AVABLE FOR USE IN YOUR HACKS)

SM Phazon is getting revamped. thank JAM

SpaceJump

Wow, that's great. Any chance for an early release of the version with fixed map?

You really did a great job with your SM Phazon hack!

A_red_monk_called_Key

i'm thinking of releasing 0.3 then 0.4 soon after but i don't know how people will react

(This time all rejected GFX will be posted for others in a bitmap)

SpaceJump

Quote from: Red-M0nk3y on July 05, 2011, 08:18:53 AM
i'm thinking of releasing 0.3 then 0.4 soon after but i don't know how people will react

(This time all rejected GFX will be posted for others in a bitmap)
That would be great. Release a 0.3 now with the map fix and later 0.4 with the new gfx, so we can play it again :)

Quietus

I'd suggest just releasing another version of 0.2, but clearly labelling it as '+ map fix.'

SpaceJump

Quote from: Quietus on July 05, 2011, 10:31:24 AM
I'd suggest just releasing another version of 0.2, but clearly labelling it as '+ map fix.'
I agree, this makes more sense.