News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - May 2016

Started by Physix, April 09, 2016, 06:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

Physix
7 (25.9%)
Charmander106
17 (63%)
sm cory
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Physix

Do I put this here?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's super bland. I have no idea what to do with it, so I'll drop it here and hope people don't notice it.

Retroo

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Charmander106

I kinda took a page from Grimes Notebook with this one. I hope he doesn't mind... >.>

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Retroo

sm cory

crystal set!!!
[spoiler][spoiler/]

Quietus

That's scarily similar to a palette I was tinkering with years back for Crateria. :^_^:

The thing that jumps out at me is the block under the left-hand door. With the darkness of the main tiles, it looks like a glaring tiling error.

Digital_Mantra

Looks like an 'idea room' where you can branch several of those aesthetics off into a themed region.
Altogether it's too clustered with focal points to gawk at, but you did say 'crystal set!!!' so maybe it's just a tileset presentation.

FPzero

Maybe it's just me but I find it really hard to distinguish the foreground from the background in your image.

Quietus

I did think that, but I looked again, and I think it's all layer one, with the background almost invisible on the two monitors I saw it on.

FPzero

Even if it is all Layer 1, it's still difficult to distinguish. Too many similar colors mushing together in my opinion.

Vismund Cygnus

I AM THE LORD OF ROOM OF THE MONTH. BOW BEFORE MY MIGHT.
[spoiler=Physix][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Charmander106][/spoiler]
[spoiler=sm cory][/spoiler]
CAST YOUR VOTES, FOR IT IS MY WILL, SKRUBZ

Physix

The fact that somebody voted for mine really makes me question humanity as a whole.

Charmander106

Quote from: Physix on May 12, 2016, 05:48:36 PM
The fact that somebody voted for mine really makes me question humanity as a whole.

The fact more than one person voted for cory's makes me lose faith in humanity. Physix's room has nice graphics and plain level design, just needs a nice background and then it would be set!

Cory's on the other hand is just a mess and just hard to look at, the only thing that's even is passable is the palette. It's as if he was trying to be artsy when in actuality, it just looks like shit.

Physix gets my vote by default.  :nod: